6.0 4r100 combo questions

gwunter

Reaction score
I'm looking to mate a gasser 4r to a 6.0 for a long-time coming project I've been playing with. So the gasser 4r will bolt directly to the 6.0, but what flexplate/converter combo do I need? I've read posts of people installing 6.0 converters in 7.3's for a performance mod. Is the gasser 4r input shaft the same as the diesel 4r input shaft? Will probably be going billet input shaft on this from the get go. Any input is appreciated. Did some searching and didn't find good answers to my questions. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DieselJpower

Reaction score
6.0/5r flexplate for sure

Not positive on converter. I just ordered a bts 4r and 5r billet flexplate for my 6 leaker and in doing my research I know the precision convertor that comes with a modular bell housing bts 4r has holes for both (pic attached)

I could be wrong but I believe there are weaker parts (I wanna say a planetary gear??) In the gasser 4r That will not be happy with the diesel torque

45630.jpg

gwunter

Reaction score
Right on. I know I read some stuff about 4 stud and 6 stud converters. I also figured there might be some internal differences on the 4r with gas vs diesel. I need to look at the gear ratio differences between the 2 as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have sold several gasser 4rs to guys doing the swap but they always had me ship them directly to a builder. I don’t believe without beefing the gasser one up you will get it to last long behind a modified 6.0.