My next turbo

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Wastegates are not a bad thing, they do what needs to be done. I would get the wastegate working properly.
I do appreciate the insight, thanks joe!
I think you have an opportunity to dial in a turbo using the parts you have..... even if you only need to buy a $100 wastegate actuator - you will be money and knowledge ahead.
Okay well then maybe that will be the next project. I just need to make sure there is room in there to put an actuator, i dont think ive ever messed with a wastegate before.

Do you think its possible that the wastegated housing not being used is holding me back in any way, lowering boost on the top end? Seems like i wasnt pushing the numbers i should of been with no wastegate

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Without knowing your drive pressures your pissing in the wind. You cant make anymore boost if the turbo is choked down on the top end, wastegate will let some of that by and your boost will go up.

Your running 250/200 IIRC, same injectors I am. I will see 47-50psi boost at sealevel with about 60-62psi back pressure.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Without knowing your drive pressures your pissing in the wind. You cant make anymore boost if the turbo is choked down on the top end, wastegate will let some of that by and your boost will go up.

Your running 250/200 IIRC, same injectors I am. I will see 47-50psi boost at sealevel with about 60-62psi back pressure.

and that is with a modded h2e? So similar flow with different designs. Well sounds like something is not right, 38lbs im pretty certain is the most ive ever seen!
Ill get a gauge on it and update this when i find my back pressure

Latest posts

Members online