OBS tunes for Cali code truck. D66 and 200/30 upgrade

mattymx

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have been active in the diesel community and it feels good to make a post again.

My OBS is a Cali code truck with a PCM code of AUG6. As of right now I am running tunes from Diesel Innovations and have been quite happy with them for the 4 years I have been running them.

Here is what I am planning to do with the truck. My injector orings are leaking more and more so I just want to get new injectors. I want to get some 200/30 injectors and a D66 turbo. The truck tows my 10k trailer only a couple times a year, but those few times I tow are up large grades at altitudes at 7,000ft+. My house sits at 7,000 and that is where most of the driving takes place.

My truck will never be raced. I just want tunes that make for a great driver and the few times I tow, I need tunes that will pull the grades with ease with little smoke issues and manageable EGT's.

Also if there are any guys out there with a similar combo, let me know how you like it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Nodge

Reaction score
Sounds like a good combo to me.
My truck runs well with the 238/100 and a D66, but it is obviously too much injector for the turbo on the higher horsepower tunes. I have beans tunes, and I run it in the tow tune everyday with almost no smoke unless you really lug it down and step on it.

I don't tow with it often, but when I do the egt's are very reasonable.

mattymx

Reaction score
Thanks Nodge. How do you think your CON-O handles that combo? I have that same clutch on my truck. I actually was thinking of getting a full size hybrid set up but that is just overkill for what I need.

Nodge

Reaction score
Thanks Nodge. How do you think your CON-O handles that combo? I have that same clutch on my truck. I actually was thinking of getting a full size hybrid set up but that is just overkill for what I need.

For day to day driving, the con-ofe does great. If I start to get silly in the all out tune, it will slip from time to time if you get traction. If I can get the tires to break loose, they will spin until you shift.

I have a street double disk clutch waiting to go in, but the con ofe isn't worn out, and holds everything I can throw at it except the hottest tune and driving like a moron. If you roll into it, the clutch will hold.

mattymx

Reaction score
For day to day driving, the con-ofe does great. If I start to get silly in the all out tune, it will slip from time to time if you get traction. If I can get the tires to break loose, they will spin until you shift.

I have a street double disk clutch waiting to go in, but the con ofe isn't worn out, and holds everything I can throw at it except the hottest tune and driving like a moron. If you roll into it, the clutch will hold.

I plan on not beating it to the ground so from what you say, the clutch should be just fine since you put out more HP than I would.

Gearhead

Reaction score
SPAMMED!!!

Hey matt.... Do you have anything tuning wise that I can use when I do this? I know Cali trucks can be hard to tune and I was hoping you would see this and provide some input. Thanks!

send me an email or call in to have larz check. i don't think i have the cali code standard stuff.

Nodge

Reaction score
Just another afterthought, the southbend Con-O and Con-ofe are different clutches, but you might still be ok.

mattymx

Reaction score
Just another afterthought, the southbend Con-O and Con-ofe are different clutches, but you might still be ok.

That was my ADD kicking in.... Your is rated higher but as long as I dont drive it like a jackass ,I should be OK with that combo. I just need to find someone that knows the tuning of my combo.

Fenker

Reaction score
I have a Cali truck with tw tunes. I had a real hard time getting it right without heavy mods. Now with injectors I can't find anyone that has Cali tunes and trust me I called them all when I was in a mad dash to get to Texas. Long story short, change ur PCM to a 49 state.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
X2......its easy takes under 1 hour plus the PCM's are easy to find unlike the split's. The Ca pcm just doesn't have the ability to handle single shots like the SD pcm can.

mattymx

Reaction score
X2......its easy takes under 1 hour plus the PCM's are easy to find unlike the split's. The Ca pcm just doesn't have the ability to handle single shots like the SD pcm can.

I know exactly what you all are saying and that is why I asked this. But in reality, I am not going to opt for the SD PCM swap. That is just too involved. What would the best OBS manual trans PCM code be to swap out to?

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Hi guys, just going to let you know that we have over 30 custom tunes made for CALI trucks & we have PCM's in stock also. If we can help in any way just let us know.

mattymx

Reaction score
Hi guys, just going to let you know that we have over 30 custom tunes made for CALI trucks & we have PCM's in stock also. If we can help in any way just let us know.

I guess I need to make a call to you, but since I am in the planning stages I dont want to bother you at the shop. I would rather not swap the PCM.. If I run your D66 turbo and either go with 160/0%, 160/30%, or 200/30% injectors would you guys be able to provide the good tuning without a PCM swap? While I have no doubts about your tuning, making a Cali PCM tuned for the combos I am looking at I have heard might be an issue.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
I guess I need to make a call to you, but since I am in the planning stages I dont want to bother you at the shop. I would rather not swap the PCM.. If I run your D66 turbo and either go with 160/0%, 160/30%, or 200/30% injectors would you guys be able to provide the good tuning without a PCM swap? While I have no doubts about your tuning, making a Cali PCM tuned for the combos I am looking at I have heard might be an issue.

Yes sir we will get your tunes just the way you want them no matter what injector you get. If you get some time give me a call and I would like to talk with you about your set up. Shop # 423-486-1116

Latest posts

Members online