6.4 in an obs?

dcsnowman169

Reaction score
okay i may have a hell of a deal on a 6.4 has anyone put one in an obs? i know is possible but how much of a headache do you guys think it will be? im planning on using the 6.4 guages, trans and tansfer case. but i havent done a swap like this and was hoping someone on here had some input and maybe tricks..........

jdgleason

Reaction score
No one that I know of, Sounds like youre on the right track with using gauges trans and t case. Biggest thing will be getting the wiring harness and motor mounts made. Youll need to figure out ac and heater lines, but that may be pretty straight forward

Whytry

Reaction score
Yeah that would be sick a lot of work wiring and everything else but I would say total worth it.

dcsnowman169

Reaction score
yeah it would go in the one in the avatar...... i wonder how hard it would be to tune..... with all the bull**** sensors and such.......

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
when you finish send you work plans and everything you did up here:) but serious, that sounds like it could be difficult and take a while

jdgleason

Reaction score
yeah it would go in the one in the avatar...... i wonder how hard it would be to tune..... with all the bull**** sensors and such.......

I doubt it would be too hard.... al the sensors tuning relies on are part of the motor and harness so you should have them anyway.

Whytry

Reaction score
Yeah I would do that anyway to make sure everything was good with my tunes on a project like this.

my79f

Reaction score
How much different are the motor mounts going to be than the 7.3 in there? Would he not be able to use the 6.4 mounts bolted to his frame? If you think about it, the 7.3 came in both the SD's and the OBS's, and the 7.3's swap without a problem. So seeing as the frame on the SD's hasnt changed hardly(that i know of) shouldnt it be relativly easy to swap? These are all assumptions, as i dont actually know of differences.

Kip

Reaction score
that would be one bad ass truck. If your doing motor, trans, guages, computers and all. I would think it would be more fab and deciding where to put everything.

Latest posts

Members online