Individual runner 12v intake....

NotStock

Reaction score
Couple buddies and I made this a few weeks ago. This one was on a Dodge, Im gonna build one for the Fummins aswell. While Im an engineer, I didnt take too many fluid dynamics classes and I know there can sometimes be looses that equate to more than the gains when dealing with the size/length of the runner. Wanted to get some opinions and I know you all wont hold back, lol.
12vIntake-1.jpg

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
The most knowledgeable person on this that I know would be Doug @ GOGO diesel. He speaks "engineer" well. He's also very versed on fluid dynamics.

evo45

Reaction score
Weather it works perfect or not, it looks AWESOME!!! I wish I had a 12v to have you make me one.

NotStock

Reaction score
The tubes on it are 2", Im thinking about stepping down to 1.5" or 1.75" on the next one. Unfortunately, we did a bunch of changes to the truck at the same time so there really is no base for comparison.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I like it. I don't see how you would really lose any spool up myself... Your exhaust hasn't changed, the only thing that has changed is the path the charged air is taking into the motor now...

just thinking out loud.

Looks real good though, what material did you use, and what thickness?

NotStock

Reaction score
Well the larger the intake volume, the more air that must be compressed to reach a desired level of boost. Too high of a volume and you loose efficiency, too low and you restrict flow.

Latest posts

Members online