Remove All Chrome From Platinum

PHX

Reaction score
Im looking to remove all the chrome from my 2014 F250 Platinum. I want to color match all of it. I know removing the part on the tailgate is a pain, so ill just tape that very well and paint it on the truck. The door handle flaps are confusing. I heard the chrome on the handle flap is just stuck on with 2 side tape. Is that correct? If it is how would you recommend removing the chrome cover so I can paint it? If the chrome on the door handle flap is just a cap I would assume the tail gate handle is the same. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help and advice!

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The door handles are a bit better than two sided tape for application. Your better off getting some OEM paintable door handles. I'd say the same applies to the tailgate as well.

I would even suggest you consider getting them hydro-dipped as that can be a nice touch over everything the same color, adding it may be much easier to have done as well.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Im looking to remove all the chrome from my 2014 F250 Platinum. I want to color match all of it. I know removing the part on the tailgate is a pain, so ill just tape that very well and paint it on the truck. The door handle flaps are confusing. I heard the chrome on the handle flap is just stuck on with 2 side tape. Is that correct? If it is how would you recommend removing the chrome cover so I can paint it? If the chrome on the door handle flap is just a cap I would assume the tail gate handle is the same. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Where are you located? What color is your truck currently?

Latest posts

Members online