My 86 Fummins Project

sootie

Reaction score
Got any links to said lights? I ran the LMC ones, and loved them. I'm sure you could do an HID or LED conversion on these as they use a replaceable modern element.

0078.jpg

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8900-evolution/

These things are so insane, out in the oil patch, guys will run XL model plastic bezel headlights on 99-10 super duties just to run them...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I never was a fan of 80s body style fords, but maybe this thread will sway me. Lol. Truck is looking sharp!!

I dont yhink they looked much different than chevys but the grill slants back from top to bottom.

smcox1

Reaction score
I'm running some led sealed beams on my obs but they're mounted inside of the regular headlight. Now they make a blacked out version of the oracle lights I'm running so I'm going to make me some new lights using those. I would definitely suggest running some led lights on this truck.

Last edited:

Matt_P

Reaction score
Got any links to said lights? I ran the LMC ones, and loved them. I'm sure you could do an HID or LED conversion on these as they use a replaceable modern element.

0078.jpg

Those are the ones that I bought for now but I might have to look in to these LEDs

I never was a fan of 80s body style fords, but maybe this thread will sway me. Lol. Truck is looking sharp!!

THanks!

Jason

Reaction score
I can't fathom how someone couldn't be a fan of this body style. The '80-'86 trucks, (although hard as hell to find a clean example of anymore), when found in a clean specimen, are sharp sharp trucks. Could be that I was born in '81, and my first vehicle was a '82 f150 that was bought a couple of months after I was born, (my grandpa bought it new, gaveit to my dad, then I got it at 15, sold it at 19...biggest regret vehicle wise).

I scour craigslist every few days searching for a single cab longbed 2 wheel drive. Trim level, I don't care, motor, trans, etc., just miss driving one of those old, simple bastards!

JMart

Reaction score
I can't fathom how someone couldn't be a fan of this body style. The '80-'86 trucks, (although hard as hell to find a clean example of anymore), when found in a clean specimen, are sharp sharp trucks. Could be that I was born in '81, and my first vehicle was a '82 f150 that was bought a couple of months after I was born, (my grandpa bought it new, gaveit to my dad, then I got it at 15, sold it at 19...biggest regret vehicle wise).

I scour craigslist every few days searching for a single cab longbed 2 wheel drive. Trim level, I don't care, motor, trans, etc., just miss driving one of those old, simple bastards!

Im trying to find one for my little sister for her first truck. Not very easy to locate. My mom had an 82 bronco when I was a kid. Loved that truck.

Latest posts

Members online