CCV RECALL for 6.7L

deiter5262

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while as really I haven't needed to. These 6.7's are monsters and require little attention. My 2014 6.7 King Ranch has got a recall from Ford on the CCV. I just got it in the mail. I searched and didn't see threads on this. Are most of you doing the CCV re-locate kit? Looks like MDP makes a kit for $220 or somewhere in that range.

Is this the way to go or should I take it into Ford for the recall? I've only got 76K on my truck now. The check engine light came on recently but that's bc I have a DEF heater tank sensor bad. Which, I'm going to wait and ****** everything once I have funds saved.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

TJ

sootie

Reaction score
DEF heater will be fixed under warranty as well. They extended it. I would take it in and get it fixed seeing as it wont cost you anything.

deiter5262

Reaction score
The local Ford dealer did tell me if the code came back as a non recall item then they would charge me the diagnostic fee. Does this sound right? How is a guy supposed to know what the code is without getting it checked.

sootie

Reaction score
There is a TSB stating the def pump/heater warranties were extended. Call a different dealer that actually wants to deal with you.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Whats the recall for the ccv? I gutted mine. Lol

live life full throttle
We were putting ccv boxes in them for p04db, e, and f codes. Now they have us put a collar on it that doesnt fix a Damn thing. Just had one last week had the codes, put the collar on it, drove it, then put a box in it...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Got the letter. Been getting a CCV code randomly on start up. Figure I’ll need to gain some weight before taking it in so they won’t blame tunes. How hard and how much to install yourself? Guessing the new flash does something too, so I’ll need new tunes to lose weight again. Might just have to suffer clearing the code...

Ackerdiesel

Reaction score
Got the letter. Been getting a CCV code randomly on start up. Figure I’ll need to gain some weight before taking it in so they won’t blame tunes. How hard and how much to install yourself? Guessing the new flash does something too, so I’ll need new tunes to lose weight again. Might just have to suffer clearing the code...

CCV code is killed in most tunes. I’d ask about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deiter5262

Reaction score
I am thinking of ******** mine... I guess for now I will take it into Ford. Going to wait until next spring to do my ******s. I hate seeing the light flash so I'll need to get it checked.

deiter5262

Reaction score
We were putting ccv boxes in them for p04db, e, and f codes. Now they have us put a collar on it that doesnt fix a Damn thing. Just had one last week had the codes, put the collar on it, drove it, then put a box in it...

what box are you referring to? Assume your a tech at Ford?

Whats the recall for the ccv? I gutted mine. Lol

live life full throttle

What did you do, run a rubber hose down the side of the motor and block off the return plug to the motor?

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
what box are you referring to? Assume your a tech at Ford?

What did you do, run a rubber hose down the side of the motor and block off the return plug to the motor?
Yeah, I'm a tech for ford. We were putting crankcase boxes in. The sensor on the hose ****s up, and after 2012 the hose isnt serviceable by itself

deiter5262

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a tech for ford. We were putting crankcase boxes in. The sensor on the hose ****s up, and after 2012 the hose isnt serviceable by itself

10-4; i honestly would like to just do the re-route kit. Is there a way to shut that sensor off? Or plug it so the check engine light doesn't pop?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
As ackerdiesel had said, most tunes should turn the light off for that code

webb06

Reaction score
There is a TSB stating the def pump/heater warranties were extended. Call a different dealer that actually wants to deal with you.

Only certain build dates get the def heater replaced under warranty. Doesn’t apply to all. Just a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online