How to make 400 - 500 RWHP - 6.0L

bboteler

Reaction score
yeah i thought we were running an almost identical set up. turbo differences and RR but otherwise very comparable.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Laid down 530hp on a dyno. Had 13.6 @ 7740lbs with an exhaust. Never got a chance to run it at the track with all the leaks fixed and a full fuel system.
Mods, 175/0 powermax riff raff billet wheel, adp rr, a1000,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice work. For the price of stock nozzle injectors and the power you can get its hard to beat. How does the truck run with those injectors and no ficm tuning?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Nice work. For the price of stock nozzle injectors and the power you can get its hard to beat. How does the truck run with those injectors and no ficm tuning?

Runs like a top! Very nice for a dd tow rig. The best thing about the stock nozzle is how you can tune them to be like stock or crank them way up. The Ficm tunning helped on the low end spool. At the top you'd never know the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bboteler

Reaction score
barrel size or cc (175's) is how much fuel the injector holds, nozzle size over stock (usually a %) is how fast that fuel is transferred to the cylinder...at least in a simple version. I can personally tell you 175/stock is a noticeable difference over stock my brother-in-law went 155/stock and he saw a difference in power and performance as well.

It's noticeably more powerful and way more fun to drive. I guess it comes down to $$ and preference but I'm happy with stock nozzles until I can support more fuel with more air.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I had my truck dynoed this weekend,
My truck is a 05 F250 ext cab shortbed with studs, gaskets, egr delete, 6.4 banjos, blue spring mod, ccv mod, all updates, new oil cooler, coolant filtration, afe metal driverside intercooler pipe, air raid intake, 4" silverline dual exhaust, 35x12.5x18 tires, and a SCT innovative Xtreme Street tune. It put down a best torque of 652.62 and a best hp of 351.59 this Saturday and it was 55 degrees out. I was pretty happy with the numbers but I expected a little bit higher numbers after reading some of the similar set ups and numbers in this post. Still not bad though.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
My truck is a 05 F250 ext cab shortbed with studs, gaskets, egr delete, 6.4 banjos, blue spring mod, ccv mod, all updates, new oil cooler, coolant filtration, afe metal driverside intercooler pipe, air raid intake, 4" silverline dual exhaust, 35x12.5x18 tires, and a SCT innovative Xtreme Street tune. It put down a best torque of 652.62 and a best hp of 351.59 this Saturday and it was 55 degrees out. I was pretty happy with the numbers but I expected a little bit higher numbers after reading some of the similar set ups and numbers in this post. Still not bad though.

Just my thoughts, but I'd have expected 80-100 more RWHP and 100-200 more lbs-ft as well as long as the truck was in good running condition.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. The truck is running real good and hasn't been giving me any problems.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
It all seems good. I will have to check out the ficm voltages, it fires up fine and drives real strong. It started fine this morning cycling it twice then starting it in 10 degree weather.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Maybe somebody slipped a 7.3L in there when you weren't looking. Those would be good numbers for a modded 7.3L. The rods would be ready to let loose though.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mach5customs View Post

Just my thoughts, but I'd have expected 80-100 more RWHP and 100-200 more lbs-ft as well as long as the truck was in good running condition.

His truck is basically stock with a tune. The HP is about 80 over stock and the torque is about the same amount over stock. It could have been higher, but without knowing some of the engine parameters, it could be missing something to put down larger numbers but still runs well. Herein lies the problem, it may have been a good dyno run, but it may also be skewed compared to the next guys dyno for a variety of reasons. It would be nice to know if there was TC slip during the runs since that would definitely lower any expected results.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
What do you think my truck will dyno? Haven't dynoed it yet . I got 06 duallie tow boss package with Mbrp exhaust, bigger down pipe, erics xrace tune , cfm manifold with intercooler pipe, AFE intake , upgraded FICM, BTS 5r tranny, regulated return, air dog 2, power max turbo, arp head studs, reman stock injectors ? I also have a edge CTS stacked, but it's just on there to read vitals . And I'm pretty sure I have a egr delete.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea sorry about saying it's stacked. Because I'm not using it at all.But literary it is stacked because It will only work if I put the SCT on first on stock module . Then unplug the stock one and plug in the edge mod. After the sct is downloaded. I know the correct meaning just I've had people or mechanics still say you shouldn't do that. That it's unsafe. Even tho it's not stacking.

loboost

Reaction score
Yea sorry about saying it's stacked. Because I'm not using it at all.But literary it is stacked because It will only work if I put the SCT on first on stock module . Then unplug the stock one and plug in the edge mod. After the sct is downloaded. I know the correct meaning just I've had people or mechanics still say you shouldn't do that. That it's unsafe. Even tho it's not stacking.

I know what stacking is Lol.

Just bustin your balls

sent while driving recklessly

Latest posts

Members online