want some new tunes

rc4wd

Reaction score
Tony,

There are alot of things going on and I am not going to go into it. If you don't like the tunes, its not a problem. Since you didn't buy the chip from me, send it to Matt or Aggie and have them send me the bill for the reburn and I will cover it.

I would say that this is customer service at its finest

JD3020

Reaction score
My brother ran Tony's tunes on his OBS, and other than the truck eating re-man trannies, it towed 10-15k lbs regularly and ran great. Kinda smokey, but this was back before everybody started going clean.

I wanted to try something different so i went with Matt, and i'm extremely happy with his tunes. Very clean, very controllable, and he is very easy to get a hold of.

BTW, there's not really anybody in the mid-west, it seems like everybody is south or southwest.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Tony,

There are alot of things going on and I am not going to go into it. If you don't like the tunes, its not a problem. Since you didn't buy the chip from me, send it to Matt or Aggie and have them send me the bill for the reburn and I will cover it.

Ok I understand you have a business to run and on top of that you work a full time job but that doesn't give you any reason not to communicate. I'm going to message Chris and see what he thinks about this. I wish this could of worked out better. On edit my truck runs like a raped ape.. I just don't like the daily driver aspect of your tuning. Also I did buy the chip from you.

Last edited:

Vengeance

Reaction score
Ok I understand you have a business to run and on top of that you work a full time job but that doesn't give you any reason not to communicate. I'm going to message Chris and see what he thinks about this. I wish this could of worked out better. On edit my truck runs like a raped ape.. I just don't like the daily driver aspect of your tuning. Also I did buy the chip from you.

Let me know what he says, or have him call me. I was going to say more, but nevermind.

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
I ran a DP tuner for 2 years, the tunes were smokey and my truck had nothing past 3/4 throttle. I made the switch to Beans and have been very pleased with them.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Cale's tunes from Tyrant Diesel FTW! I had another major sponsor's tunes before his. Night and day difference! Besides, he builds valve bodies and his dad owns BTS. The man can tune for a trans!

On edit- the idle, smoke, egt's, and peddle sensitivity was my biggest issue with the first tunes I got. Cales were perfect!

Last edited:

Bruno2

Reaction score

Everybody that has been on the boards for a while knows what Tony is up against in his personal life. He has been in the business long enough to know if he is slipping with CS. He doesnt need his azz chewed. He has good reason if he is. I would have used a little more tact when complaining instead of coming out and slamming him. I am running his tunes that are couple yrs old and getting close to needing a re burn. I dont have a problem with them like they are , but , I am getting ready to add a few more mods in the near future. I will certainly give him a shot at the reburn. If he cant get to it I will certainly understand why.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss...

You can't complain about his customer service when he came here and his first post was telling you he would pay for you to get tunes you won't complain about...

DcMoore

Reaction score
That would be a fair request if you hadn't aired it publicly here. If you wanted it private, should have kept it private.

Ok well my buddy had a 4 postion chip and he suprised me by coming to Amarillo and helping me get my truck running because I just put a new engine in it and some other things(800 miles ago). Well at the time Tony's burner was down for the old school BD chips so he sold a 6pos to him. My buddy had problems getting a hold of him and thus cutting the deadline for the chip to arrive at my house. Which means he wouldn't of been there to help with the first start up blah blah making it pointless to travel 11 hours. Anyways got the chip at the last possible day.. I made it there AWESOME! thanks Tony.

Got the truck fired up and running like a top. Except for when (in any position of the chip) you let off the throttle it idled at 1100-1200 for close to a minute and a half then it would die down, Also in econo it idles at 1200ish. Tried getting ahold of Tony via voicemail and pm's never could, finally he came around a week or later and messaged me "not a problem it's just the fuel curve coming back down, I can fix it"

So I sent the chip off and told when it would be there.. Didn't hear anything for a week and a half.. Had to once again go public on PSN and say any status?? He said he had to burn some new files so I said cool. All I wanted was to just be updated.. A little bit.

So I get the chip back and every thing is ok except for the idle, after you drive about a block is just shakey/ rattling whatever you want to call it.. In all positions except for stock. And Econo is still at high idle. Tried getting a hold of him couple weeks ago (not sure of the time due to pms got full on PSN, so they were deleted) to get the issue resolved... Never could so I just said F it and I'll get some other tunes. And then I saw this thread.

Sorry I had to write this Tony, they left me no choice. Pocket.. That was one of the dumbest things I've heard you say.. Seeing how I do know the story because I am the one it happened to.

In all honesty I think Tony is a good guy just maybe has a full plate. I dunno and if I knew about this Randall guy that he posted about in his daughters thread today, I would of tried to get a hold of him too.

On edit: The issue is resolved.. Once again thank you Tony.

Latest posts

Members online