PMR and S366

Back woods

Reaction score
Have any S366 on the shelf that isn't being used at the moment. It is the SX line clipped turbine with a 6+6 billet wheel and 1.0 housing. Was thinking about putting a T4 kit together and use this turbo on my 01. Truck has stock injector, daily driver and I do some towing with it. Don't plan on more fuel but likely a nice tow tune to go with it. Am I treading in unsafe territory here? I also have a Van turbo that I know won't hurt anything.

Thanks

rhorsers

Reaction score
Have any S366 on the shelf that isn't being used at the moment. It is the SX line clipped turbine with a 6+6 billet wheel and 1.0 housing. Was thinking about putting a T4 kit together and use this turbo on my 01. Truck has stock injector, daily driver and I do some towing with it. Don't plan on more fuel but likely a nice tow tune to go with it. Am I treading in unsafe territory here? I also have a Van turbo that I know won't hurt anything.

Thanks
I have been running bigger injectors on my pmr engine for 100,000 miles. You would not hurt that engine, but you would hate the truck with stock injectors and that turbo. You need more fuel for that turbo. I don't have enough fuel with my 160/20 injectors. It would be dead for towing in my opinion with stock injectors from my experience

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JDelaney

Reaction score
I ran a van turbo for years, I can't imagine that a S366SX-E would be worse. A 364.5 or 363 would be better. That van turbo I had flat sucked.

rhorsers

Reaction score
I ran a van turbo for years, I can't imagine that a S366SX-E would be worse. A 364.5 or 363 would be better. That van turbo I had flat sucked.
I know nothing about the van turbo. I just know I wouldn't want the 366 with less fuel than I have now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NMSVT

Reaction score
Want to trade? I have a s363 sxe. Unless you want to sell it! I feel like playing with fire on my stock block 6.7 lol

Petro

Reaction score
Ran a 66mm turbo with stock Injectors for 2 years in my last 6 speed truck. Had a 1.0 housing and spooled just like stock or maybe a **** hair slower and towed with it all the time. Loved driving that truck and it towed heavy in the hot tune without issue. Throw it in there and run it, it won't be any worse than a van turbo.

Back woods

Reaction score
I am deciding to go with the S366/.91. Just started on the T4 mount yesterday and it is coming along nicely. Had a pile of parts that ended up being almost a complete t4 swap with the exception of some fab work.

Question, will a base plate less than 1/2" work? Was thinking 3/8" might work too???

dsberman94

Reaction score
I would stick with 1/2”. It’s an issue over time of heat and pressure warping the plate and leaking. And it’ll give you something to thread your bolt into without having to fight for space to get a nut and wrench on the other side.

Latest posts

Members online