SXE education request

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Just mock it up in the truck, let the bolts loose, get it lined up and snug one on both sides, pull turbo and tighten everything up on it.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I guess these fancy T4 ones are easier to slap in and outta the truck? Sounds good. Oh and the parts list that came says T4I.... I dropped the turbo onto the uppipes and it fit fine so I’m assuming it’s just a typo

Last edited:

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Well it's in. Holy crap that sucked. Gave up trying to get the intake Y in it was getting dark.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Well everything is in. Have to setup the exhaust still with the down pipe. Drivers side IC pipe is hitting the fuel pressure regulator. Took it for a spin around the hood, drives alright. Gotta hook the trailer up and see how she does.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Nah. Memorial day festivities with the fam. Then had to fly out to New York for three days. Anyone have any tips on getting exhaust parts separated? I had to cut out the 4 inch down pipe cuz I couldn't get it out of the rest of the exhaust. Now I have 3 inches left in the existing 4 inch system. If I can get it out the 3.5-4 inch adapter will slide right in

mikeeg02

Reaction score
If you slit one side with a grinder wheel, you can typically get it loose enough to slide that section of pipe out. Some times requires a little prying. Dont be surprised if you have to slit the entire length the pipe is inside the other. Using band clamps instead of U bolts helps to limit these problems typically, but not always.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
yeah well that's what I get for a 250 dollar kit haha. I need to clock the turbo some more but installing that Y sucked with bolting the bracket on the back

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LakeBum

Reaction score
yeah well that's what I get for a 250 dollar kit haha. I need to clock the turbo some more but installing that Y sucked with bolting the bracket on the back

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know of 3 folks that dont run the bracket on the back of the Y and regularly Boost over 30 and 40 pounds.

I found it easiest to leave the bracket off until the Y is in then install the bracket.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I know that if I used that arm, I didnt put it on until after the y was in place. I cant remember if its there or not. Im thinking not, it fit together pretty nicely.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I know of 3 folks that dont run the bracket on the back of the Y and regularly Boost over 30 and 40 pounds.

I found it easiest to leave the bracket off until the Y is in then install the bracket.

That’s what I did. That bolt is just a pain to get started

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Any reason you want such known oil hungry injectors?

Get either 200/80s Or 238/80s and have them tuned to the hp level you want.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Im running 238/100s with a 366sxe. 250/100s would be essentially identical. I am very pleased with my setup in all situations. DD, towing, Heavy towing, etc

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Less oil hungry than what he has now.

That may be so, but with such a track record of being oil hungry, I would avoid them. Many reputable members have had trouble keeping up with the oil demands, and their performance has suffered because of it. I would avoid that injector at all cost IMO.

dsberman94

Reaction score
That may be so, but with such a track record of being oil hungry, I would avoid them. Many reputable members have had trouble keeping up with the oil demands, and their performance has suffered because of it. I would avoid that injector at all cost IMO.

I had no problems running them with a simple t500 pump.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Swaan and another member with a similar built OBS quickly come to my mind that had issues with them. I would just stick to hybrids. They dont cost much if any more these days. Why take the chance?

Latest posts

Members online