SRP 1 Failure

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whatever guys. I can read icp, I can read ipr dc, I have access to tools that will isolate each injector bank and tell me if one is leaking off hpo.

You're right, I am going to say something. My snagging point is I have verified 100% the pump is trash. Ten other guys around here I've talked to are having the exact same issues and the problems are following the exact same chronological order until the pump just fails.

You wanna sweep it under the rug? That's cool. I'm sure that will help advance fixing the issue. :rolleyes:

Vref- you don't sell junk to someone unless you have no conscience. Jake B was right. I don't roll like that. Been sold shti parts on here and I'd never do it to someone else. I'll wind up getting 250$ for mine as a core.

I wouldn't say a Damn word but every other response is someone inferring, implying, or otherwise trying to say the pumps aren't the issue. Which is flat out bs. End of story.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tycorr, your pump was legitimately an issue as 'it dont build pressure', you cannot say anything against the support if you dont send it in to them to try the support.
what did you want him to do on the phone? he is probably pissed at 161 pumps he had to test and send back wasting his time because of people misdiagnosing.
is he supposed to come to your house and swap the pump for you?
I have a pretty good idea who has a thick skull here.

Gotti is wanting a free replacement warranty on a pump 3 years old that was never offered with that warranty, also not something you can whine about. at least he dragged up a thread from that era to post his tale.

I will pay a core charge for dead srp1.1.
just so I can open it up to see what died, and post the pics, because I want to learn the facts.
not interested in one that pushed the rear cover out as the stock pump will do that.

unless someone says 'it dont build pressure' I discount blaming the pump based on internet diagnosing.
anyone with a smart phone and an elm327 adapter can read the ICP and see the IPR duty cycle, anyone that can walk in to a hydraulic shop can have a test gauge made for under $50 to see what the pressure is.

My pump is already off my truck. Don't assume anything. I took it off put a fairly worn 15 degree on and watched all the issues vanish. Put it back on and after initial warmup straight back to shtisville. Took it back off. I don't even have it currently so, like I said I'm done with it. But when people who don't have an srp1.1 are yapping about them being misdiagnosed, you better check yourself. You guys realize shops have boxes of them that shti so horribly the owners didn't want anything to do with stealth? I do know that.

V-Ref

Reaction score
You're not interested in fixing anything related to this issue. No one is saying to sell junk to other people.

Plenty of folks have ran them and had zero issue. Gary told you he's had 39 fail. There's probably been more because not every failure gets sent back to him.

Get your pump fixed. Sell it to someone under full disclosure of the history of it and MOVE ON already.

This is like a broken record already.

emev0l

Reaction score
Whatever guys. I can read icp, I can read ipr dc, I have access to tools that will isolate each injector bank and tell me if one is leaking off hpo.

You're right, I am going to say something. My snagging point is I have verified 100% the pump is trash. Ten other guys around here I've talked to are having the exact same issues and the problems are following the exact same chronological order until the pump just fails.

You wanna sweep it under the rug? That's cool. I'm sure that will help advance fixing the issue. :rolleyes:

Vref- you don't sell junk to someone unless you have no conscience. Jake B was right. I don't roll like that. Been sold shti parts on here and I'd never do it to someone else. I'll wind up getting 250$ for mine as a core.

I wouldn't say a Damn word but every other response is someone inferring, implying, or otherwise trying to say the pumps aren't the issue. Which is flat out bs. End of story.

I'll give you $250 for it.

V-Ref

Reaction score

After a phone call with Gary....here are some SRP1 and SPR 1.1 facts right from the horses mouth

-2200 pumps manufactured and distributed

-200-300 pumps returned

-42 pumps repaired (this includes simple repairs such as a fitting o-ring)

6 months no cost warranty

Post 6 month purchase, for a lifetime to the original owner of the pump, the pump will be replaced/repaired for a fee not to exceed 50% of the original purchase price

It be a shame to have history tell the story that you went on a public smear campaign because you're hpop "failed" and you ran around your truck spending time and money trying to get it running right, and didn't even utilize the product warranty. We all can appreciate the frustration of a truck not running right, and chasing your tail because expensive parts fail...most have done it one time or another.

But your "facts" collected from internet postings....is misleading at best. Your disposition is beyond unprofessional or productive, and doesn't solve anything. It's posting like yours about your experience with your SRP1.x why internet forums have such a bad reputation for misinformation.

In the interest of full disclosure...Gary told me there is an issue using core pumps...that all builders will encounter associated with a friction drive gear pump like our HPOPs. The factory fits the gear to the pump...as the pump shafts have a wide range of allowable tolerances. As cores come in, are rebuilt and then sent out, and then a pump with a shaft diameter on the smaller end of the spectrum is installed on a truck with a gear with a diameter on the larger end of the tolerance spec....and you have gear slip. It might not manifest itself until you get a few heat cycles on the pump/gear. It'll act like a DOA pump. So he's tightend up his process to ensure that won't be an issue. But keep in mind...all the pump mfgs that use cores will have this issue to deal with.

Cores make for all kinds of similiar issues for a builder to deal with...and is a large part of the future offerings Stealth has in the pipeline for the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 markets. It's probably also a large influence for Dynoproven to build a billet housing HB Sr...as it solves so many issues that builders deal with when building with cores.

I have no financial agenda...no ties to Stealth...or any vendors on this forum. My only interest here is put some "facts" to some of the "opinions" being put out there about this pump.

emev0l

Reaction score
After a phone call with Gary....here are some SRP1 and SPR 1.1 facts right from the horses mouth

-2200 pumps manufactured and distributed

-200-300 pumps returned

-42 pumps repaired (this includes simple repairs such as a fitting o-ring)

6 months no cost warranty

Post 6 month purchase, for a lifetime to the original owner of the pump, the pump will be replaced/repaired for a fee not to exceed 50% of the original purchase price

It be a shame to have history tell the story that you went on a public smear campaign because you're hpop "failed" and you ran around your truck spending time and money trying to get it running right, and didn't even utilize the product warranty. We all can appreciate the frustration of a truck not running right, and chasing your tail because expensive parts fail...most have done it one time or another.

But your "facts" collected from internet postings....is misleading at best. Your disposition is beyond unprofessional or productive, and doesn't solve anything. It's posting like yours about your experience with your SRP1.x why internet forums have such a bad reputation for misinformation.

In the interest of full disclosure...Gary told me there is an issue using core pumps...that all builders will encounter associated with a friction drive gear pump like our HPOPs. The factory fits the gear to the pump...as the pump shafts have a wide range of allowable tolerances. As cores come in, are rebuilt and then sent out, and then a pump with a shaft diameter on the smaller end of the spectrum is installed on a truck with a gear with a diameter on the larger end of the tolerance spec....and you have gear slip. It might not manifest itself until you get a few heat cycles on the pump/gear. It'll act like a DOA pump. So he's tightend up his process to ensure that won't be an issue. But keep in mind...all the pump mfgs that use cores will have this issue to deal with.

Cores make for all kinds of similiar issues for a builder to deal with...and is a large part of the future offerings Stealth has in the pipeline for the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 markets. It's probably also a large influence for Dynoproven to build a billet housing HB Sr...as it solves so many issues that builders deal with when building with cores.

I have no financial agenda...no ties to Stealth...or any vendors on this forum. My only interest here is put some "facts" to some of the "opinions" being put out there about this pump.

Then why don't the pump manufacturers have us send our pump gear in with the pump?

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
Gotti is wanting a free replacement warranty on a pump 3 years old that was never offered with that warranty, also not something you can whine about. at least he dragged up a thread from that era to post his tale.

I not once said anything about a free replacement warranty on a pump. I wanted some customer service. Would have been willing to pay. But not 250 dollars for a tear down and look. Plus another 3 to 4 week wait on parts. The pump had 6000 miles on a it. And destroyed itself. And pushed the rear cover out. I dug the thread up after i did all the other diagnosing. Even tried to call him, and emailed him to ask if it's possible to have a pump issue. He knows what's going on with them. Only was i finally got a response was to send a email to both the Tech and Sales email address. Only got a response from the sales side. I bought 2 junk pumps. Yes. I cut my loses and moved on. Yes. I vented. Yes. From the looks of it. It's becoming a fairly common issue.

As far as the other pump i installed on a buddies truck. Less than a 100 miles on it. He said get him a reman Bosch. He'd be happy to trade!

emev0l

Reaction score
We have that as an upgade option for the Jr.

That would have been an option I would have previously passed on but now I can see it's not a bad idea lol.

I'm guessing you've seen this issue before and that's why you offer a gear keyway?

thuglike

Reaction score
yes...in the testing phase under extreme conditions.

Most will be fine with out it but it's out there to offer more piece of mind.

emev0l

Reaction score
yes...in the testing phase under extreme conditions.

Most will be fine with out it but it's out there to offer more piece of mind.

Extreme conditions meaning the gear and the pump being both out of tolerance in the opposite direction?

Thanx for all the info, this thread has me really interested in HPOPs, never realized there was so much to them.

m j

Reaction score
I have an srp1.1 that I bought June 2012.No noticeable problems but after reading this thread in march I called Gary and he answered first try. He told me that the issue had been coil bind on the return springs and the springs would break . This was on the early runs of the 1.1. While I was on the phone with him I pulled IPR and had broken spring material in behind screen filter. Sent the pump to him on march 16 & had it back 10 days later .i have 50k miles on the pump .... He handled my issue fine.
Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great post. I appreciate the info. I suspected spring issues.

JHILL

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but.... garys customer service is the worst in my 10 + years of dealing with diesel parts vendors. I get that people are busy- its been a month -3 vm, emails, wtf!
Not going to beg ,not going to bash just let the already known facts spread.

I heard there is a parts shortage . so I guess only new pumps are bieng made and repair /warranty work gets ignored?
Speaks volumes -wont be a stealth customer Ever again.:flipa:

Latest posts

Members online