How to calibrate Speedo and Odometer for larger tires?

95cobby

Reaction score
How did you guys with 37” or larger tires recalibrate your speedo and odometer for the larger tires? Right now truck is 3-4mph off at 70mph and at 10miles the gps will read 11 and some change.

I’ve tried using forscan to reprogram for 37s but it keeps giving me an error upon flash.

I’ve requested new tunes for 37s but all they did was change the shift points and not let the truck lag in higher gears.

Has anyone used the Hypertech thingy.. or anything else to get an accurate speedo/odometer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Im also wanting to know as well. Tried to also do use ForScan and keep getting an error message when I try to program. Returned my truck to stock before trying to program.

Only difference is mine is an 08 6.4 that has been d*****d using S p a r t a n.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Im also wanting to know as well. Tried to also do use ForScan and keep getting an error message when I try to program. Returned my truck to stock before trying to program.

Only difference is mine is an 08 6.4 that has been d*****d using S p a r t a n.

You can adjust tire size via ost options.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
How did you guys with 37” or larger tires recalibrate your speedo and odometer for the larger tires? Right now truck is 3-4mph off at 70mph and at 10miles the gps will read 11 and some change.

I’ve tried using forscan to reprogram for 37s but it keeps giving me an error upon flash.

I’ve requested new tunes for 37s but all they did was change the shift points and not let the truck lag in higher gears.

Has anyone used the Hypertech thingy.. or anything else to get an accurate speedo/odometer?

Ford has a software hard limit set a 34.5 inches

You can adjust for bigger tires above 34.5 inches with forscan via bcm as-built but you would have to live with a CEL and PCM/BCM mismatch code.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Hypertext speedo works flawlessly. We have had it on alot of trucks with 38 and 40 inch tires. Zero issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score
Ford has a software hard limit set a 34.5 inches

You can adjust for bigger tires above 34.5 inches with forscan via bcm as-built but you would have to live with a CEL and PCM/BCM mismatch code.

I've tried several times with ForScan and kept getting an error "writing block 12 failed - incompatible configuration".

Do I have to return the truck to stock first?

Hypertext speedo works flawlessly. We have had it on alot of trucks with 38 and 40 inch tires. Zero issues.

Good to know, thanks man

Reaction score
I run the Hypertech speedo thingy with 37’s and according to the speed warning signs that post your speed it’s dead on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

95cobby

Reaction score
Just bought the Hypertech today.. from what I’ve read it connects to the ipc module and works regardless of tuner

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yup exactly how it works.

95cobby

Reaction score
Took me all of 20 minutes to remove all the trim pieces, install this, and put it all back together. Works great! Don't forget to leave the usb cord plugged into it in case you need to make adjustments.

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Not to hyjack the thread, but it also took me about the same to get everything done, installed and tested out. Works great on a 6.4 also! Just wanted to let others know as well.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I've got the inline module for my 37s. It works but ever since I installed it my "miles to empty" flashes every minute. You can leave the USB cord to where you can reach it, but I found it easier to put it in the middle of the range of my H&S Blackmaxx and fine tune from there.

BigRed97

Reaction score
I've got the inline module for my 37s. It works but ever since I installed it my "miles to empty" flashes every minute. You can leave the USB cord to where you can reach it, but I found it easier to put it in the middle of the range of my H&S Blackmaxx and fine tune from there.

Ya know mine does that too, but I never could remember if it did it before or not

Latest posts

Members online