Water Meth System

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hi guys. Did a search on here with nothing really current. Been thinking about a Water Meth System to lower my temps a bit and add a bit of power. Have full xxxxxx with a Warhammer system that treats me well. So is it worth it? Thinking about this because it's the best bang for the buck. But, I understand the combustion pressures can get pretty high. Probably not good on a stock motor? If anyone's going to know anything aftermarket on the 6.7's I figured you guys would here. Appreciate any input or suggestions. Cheers. :ford:

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Hi guys. Did a search on here with nothing really current. Been thinking about a Water Meth System to lower my temps a bit and add a bit of power. Have full xxxxxx with a Warhammer system that treats me well. So is it worth it? Thinking about this because it's the best bang for the buck. But, I understand the combustion pressures can get pretty high. Probably not good on a stock motor? If anyone's going to know anything aftermarket on the 6.7's I figured you guys would here. Appreciate any input or suggestions. Cheers. :ford:

I know of a few people that have it on there tow rig but idk if it helped there performance I know one guy just uses it for water when towing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I had one hooked up on my 6.0, with 50/50 mix, there is no temp drop, with 100% water it dropped temps about 200-300 degrees. On the dyno, with it jetted kinda small, with a 50/50 mix it was worth about 50 horse. This is using -20 degree washer fluid, instead of the snow stuff.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
I tow, so that could help.

I had it on my 6.0 and 6.4 and I just used water for high hp towing haha but I got a 17 now I still have the kit but idk about drilling a new trucks pipes haha

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I had one hooked up on my 6.0, with 50/50 mix, there is no temp drop, with 100% water it dropped temps about 200-300 degrees. On the dyno, with it jetted kinda small, with a 50/50 mix it was worth about 50 horse. This is using -20 degree washer fluid, instead of the snow stuff.

So, you go with water to drop temps but no performance and if you increase the meth then the temps don't seem to drop but you increase some performance...hmmmm. Tough to have your cake and eat it too?!

There has to be more of you guys out there that have experience with this. Read about your builds all the time. I was considering a turbo upgrade too. But as we know it doesn't stop there. One has to upgrade other related parts to make it worthwhile. Just wasn't prepared to spend thousands at this time.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I had it on my 6.0 and 6.4 and I just used water for high hp towing haha but I got a 17 now I still have the kit but idk about drilling a new trucks pipes haha

Ya Bryce towing is the main concern. Can get my temps up to 1300F+ pretty quick goin up the Coquihalla here. That would be worth considering. But I am still curious about the pressures. I can hit 35 almost 40psi on my stock motor with my tuner. Wondering if the water-meth system could add to this?

sootie

Reaction score
Ya Bryce towing is the main concern. Can get my temps up to 1300F+ pretty quick goin up the Coquihalla here. That would be worth considering. But I am still curious about the pressures. I can hit 35 almost 40psi on my stock motor with my tuner. Wondering if the water-meth system could add to this?

you are on borrowed time bud. Do not push your stock 11-14 that hard. Money better spent would be on a 17+ hpfp and turbo setup. 580 reliable hp all day long with correct tuning.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
you are on borrowed time bud. Do not push your stock 11-14 that hard. Money better spent would be on a 17+ hpfp and turbo setup. 580 reliable hp all day long with correct tuning.

I agree completely the water meth is good but I would go for the real helper here which would be turbo and fuel pump then if still not happy do the water meth but I would just use water the only reason I used it was for egt and it only lowers about 200 degrees but towing it comes on at 1000 so you can still see 1100 -1200 going up a hill and you will use a lot of water

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Ya I get it guys. Probably going to sit this one out for awhile and see. Truck is getting older. I will consider new or overhaul this one when the time comes. Thanks for all your advice.

Latest posts

Members online