please help 7.3 problems

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
Ok im completely stumped first i took valve covers off and did injector cups as i had diesel in my coolant so i had my batterys unhooked pos and neg both sides the whole time i work from 4:30am to 5pm everyday and half day on saturdays so it took me about a week to do them well i got them done and put everything back together how it went hooked batterys up and went to start it and it was dead so i put the charger on the battery overnight and all day till i got home from work went to start it again and i get a click then bam its dead the click is coming from the glow plug relay so i unhooked all the wires to the glow plug relay and still wont startbut the part i dont understand is the back two glow plugs were unplugged on the passenger side so what should i do go back in and unhook them but i cant see why that would cause it to not start not even crank starters brand new batterys are a little older but not years old

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
See everything started perfectly fine before i did the cups and thats when i noticed the two back glow plugs were unhooked so i plugged them back in and put everything back together how i took it off then bam nothing no start the wait to start comes on i try starting it then it clicks and if i try to start it again it seems the batterys are dead even on the charger

DieselDC

Reaction score
With all things being fair and common sense already checked off the list...

I assume liquids has been evacuated from cylinders by removing glow plugs and rotating the crank a few times...

Check your batteries for proper voltage. Battery amperage tester is even better. Make sure they are connected firmly to the posts.

Check fuse to the heater element inside the fuel bowl as this shares power to your pcm

Then go through all your wiring and make sure all sensors are plugged in

Make sure the starter has tight connections for ground and +.

You don’t necessarily need your gps to start the truck.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s anything as far sensors that will keep the starter from turning over. Maybe that isn’t the glow plug relay that’s clicking. There’s also a starter solenoid right beside it if you have a super duty. Not as familiar with obs trucks. Dead ass batteries with 200 amp boost would at very minimum turn the starter. Check the bats,use a meter and check the starter side of the solenoid while someone cranks. If you don’t have voltage there solenoid fix. If so check it at starter. And check all the grounds. 99 % of the time I’ve had electrical iaaue on DC it’s a ground.

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
Ill check all that guys thank you its a 2000 f350 7.3 no glow plugs were removed the two back ones on pass side were unplugged the caps that go over the glow plugs so i plugged them back in and ever since i did that the front solenoid ontop of the motor clicks i had my wife try and start the truck it clicks then the batterys seem dead everything goes very dim had two different chargers on the batterys and still seemed dead when i go to try and start it

DieselDC

Reaction score
Well unplug the two gp like it was b4 and see what happens.

Something is not allowing the complete circuit btwn battery and starter. If you take the good batteries and connected them straight to the starter, you’re gonna get some cranking and that’s a guarantee.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

sootie

Reaction score
make sure you got the oil and coolant out of the cylinders before trying to start it or you may have bigger problems on your hands...

79jasper

Reaction score
make sure you got the oil and coolant out of the cylinders before trying to start it or you may have bigger problems on your hands...
That's what I was asking. But apparently it's better to assume he did. Even though he said he never removed the glowplugs.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jpow95

Reaction score
Pull the glow plugs out and see it’ll turn over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
I got er runnin now thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it was hydrolocked so i sucked everything out of the cylindars on top of the pistons and put it all back together and hand cranked the crank a couple times then got it runnin but now i noticed that it takes a little while to strt it cranks really fast for about 20 seconds then itll start any ideas

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
Ok thanks so much really appreciate it sounds so muh quieter and smoother its just a stock truck with tony wildman tunes on a ts 6 position chip 6637 air filter halo leds smoked taillights gauges 2017 rims and tires 2” spacers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.