6.4 single kit fab help

stroker221

Reaction score
Putting a s400 single on my 6.4 powetstroke and will be fabbing my own kit to put on my truck.
id like to have it the single kit finished before I tear my truck apart. So I'm just wanting a few dimensions so I can get started on it at work.

Rectangular port dimensions for s400

"T" bracket dimensions

Bolt holes and oil supply hole size and locations

Stainless pipe ID/OD that bolts to s400 mount.

I will rebend the pipe and whatnot once I go to fit it in if its not perfect. So if anybody has anything like this in front of them please pm me or share the info so I can save some coin. Thanks

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
there is literally no way to save any time/money/headache vs. buying a setup from Morgan @ Midwest

I totally applaud your wanting to DIY, but mark my words... when you're finished with the setup and I ask you if you'd build me one for what he's charging, you won't say yes

BOSS450

Reaction score
I will agree with the two above me unless you're going to build up pipes too. Or if you're waste gating both up pipes (not necessary if not spraying like you stated you were not in your other thread). My .02

stroker221

Reaction score
Damn.. Alright I had to ask though. They are reasonably priced but my thought was that I work in a machine shop so why in the hell would I buy something that I know I can program a machine to make them for no more money than what material costs.. And weld it it all up. Also I was wanting to make up pipes and log style manifolds.. I just like making things I guess

Cknox121

Reaction score
Go for it if you like making stuff. To me, this hobby is all about the experience. Anybody can slap parts on a truck. To me it's more satisfying to build it yourself and make it work. I would pull the cab and use your motor for mock up though.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
The t4 flange is about $25 to buy. Your t bracket is placed where you want the turbo to be. Pedestal bolt holes you are going to need to pull the factory pedestal. Oil drain hole is the same as well. Building for the factory up pipes is tricky, even building your own isn't easy. If your going to build it tear your truck apart.

stroker221

Reaction score
Go for it if you like making stuff. To me, this hobby is all about the experience. Anybody can slap parts on a truck. To me it's more satisfying to build it yourself and make it work. I would pull the cab and use your motor for mock up though.

Exactly

stroker221

Reaction score
The t4 flange is about $25 to buy. Your t bracket is placed where you want the turbo to be. Pedestal bolt holes you are going to need to pull the factory pedestal. Oil drain hole is the same as well. Building for the factory up pipes is tricky, even building your own isn't easy. If your going to build it tear your truck apart.

Ok thanks, but for what id need If I was buying the kit is what Midwest or mpd has. One has it listed at $1500 and the other site is $1000. But I guess it'll just have to be down a little longer if I build it myself

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I totally agree. I made my own kit before a kit was available but i had to tear the truck down to do so, just not easy to do without a mock up engine or torn down.

Latest posts