more turbo whistle please

brown1

Reaction score
so i am looking to either put on an exhaust or intake on my rig. i am looking for more whistle. i have a buddy with a 5" straight pipe exhaust on a cummins that i think is obnoxious but definitely alot of turbo. i currently have just a race pipe, full removal of eegeerrr, running gh tunes and a stock intake box and filter. i can't do both right now so what do i do? how much turbo noise will i get from a nl stage 2? truck is my dd and i tow a 38' toyhauler on most summer weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so i am looking to either put on an exhaust or intake on my rig. i am looking for more whistle. i have a buddy with a 5" straight pipe exhaust on a cummins that i think is obnoxious but definitely alot of turbo. i currently have just a race pipe, full removal of eegeerrr, running gh tunes and a stock intake box and filter. i can't do both right now so what do i do? how much turbo noise will i get from a nl stage 2? truck is my dd and i tow a 38' toyhauler on most summer weekends.

you'll get alot more noise with an intake, but only so much whistle , as your turbo just doesnt whistle that much . exhaust will do almost nothing.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I was browsing youtube for some streetmax vids to convince myself when i stumbled across some vids of the new 6468 vgt turbo from absolute performance... It has that compressor and turbine whistle to it.

Anyone has experience with it?

I asked some questions, it is based on the stock '15-'17 turbo but with different exhaust turbine wheel

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was browsing youtube for some streetmax vids to convince myself when i stumbled across some vids of the new 6468 vgt turbo from absolute performance... It has that compressor and turbine whistle to it.

I asked some questions, it is based on the stock '15-'17 turbo but with different exhaust turbine wheel

its a turd with some insanely inflated dyno #'s .

valvetick

Reaction score

Wait for a few months there is someone from the 6.0 world getting into the 6.7's and he builds awesome quality turbos that will be worth the wait....

ImAti0n

Reaction score

The AP 6468 is a great turbo with a lot of potential. My buddy is running it and he dyno'd just north of 700hp on dual pumps.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapathatass

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Wait for a few months there is someone from the 6.0 world getting into the 6.7's and he builds awesome quality turbos that will be worth the wait....

Yes i exchanged some emails a year ago with that guy about the possibility of a 2003 style exhaust turbine in the '15-up turbo...
I thought he abandoned the project

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
its a turd with some insanely inflated dyno #'s .

The AP 6468 is a great turbo with a lot of potential. My buddy is running it and he dyno'd just north of 700hp on dual pumps.

I asked jeff at patriot since he has personnal experience with the 6468 and he felt that the larger exhaust turbine would handle a little bit of extra fuel better than the stock turbine streetmax. They list it as a 650+whp turbo so it doesn't seem far fetched with the dyno #s we see floating around when we know that a streetmax is a 650whp turbo also.

Last edited:

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I asked jeff at patriot since he has personnal experience with the 6468 and he felt that the larger exhaust turbine would handle a little bit of extra fuel better than the stock turbine streetmax. They list it as a 650+whp turbo so it doesn't seem far fetched with the dyno #s we see floating around.

Gotta consider the sources...

Latest posts

Members online