Ebp sensors

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
Why do I keep going through these things? 3 in 3months and ordering a 4th. My drive to work and back is about 15min each way, top speed is maybe 70mph. Truck is an 07 with 210k. I have a powermax turbo, CAI, and 4” straight exhaust. I’ve changed the MAP and barometric sensors. Ebp harness is good. Have an SCT TS with stock tunes.

wedge542

Reaction score
When you take it off,you ever notice any moisture inside any them? Also have someone watch the monitor ebp and ebp voltage while you move the wires around at the sensor,see if any changes, the rubber seal on the plugin still there?

wedge542

Reaction score
its on the plug end of the harness,it seals and keeps the plug from moving around like when the fan kicks on high and blows under the hood moving wires,if its missing you can get a momentary loss signal,throws a soft code for ebp problems yet stored in memory, hence koeo and move the wires around at the sensor,ck ebp on monitor.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What is wrong with the sensors is what ctc is getting at. Why are they bad, are they reading hi, low, just throwing a code, etc. Other things can set ebp codes. Lets start with what the code is.

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
CEL and SCT reads P0472. Has that off, deep, gas engine sound like its struggling. Not boosting like it was prior to code. Could a suspected cracked up pipe cause it. I’m pretty sure I hear it and and feel it. Already have a replacement-just looking for a weekend to do it.

Thanks all.

wedge542

Reaction score
Did you clean the ebp tube,crank it without the sensor,see if it blows out strong.

bismic

Reaction score
Have you inspected the EBP harness closely? That code is more of an electrical code IIRC. Also, as Wedge542 said, verify that the little plastic insert that keeps the connector from vibrating in the sensor is still there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online