BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

sootie

Reaction score
my bet is there is something foreign floating around in the cylinder that shouldn't be there and it munched off the glow plugs...

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
So you lost two glow plug tips that caused two cylinders to go down? Ive owned my 6.7 for a year now and I deleted it since day one with 42,000 miles and have 62,000 miles on it now. Just wondering if this is a common issue for these tips to drop as Ive heard about it before. Wondering from some of the shops on here like Morgan and Jared if this is something they see. Congrats on the awesome build though!!! :ford:

Not sure if its common but I've had it tuned and deleted for about 25,000 miles and I do drive it pretty hard. I've heard of losing an injector but I lost compression on 2 cyclinders so it's more than just an injector.

Trying to look on the bright side... now I'm getting my turbo swap a little sooner than expected haha.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Not sure if its common but I've had it tuned and deleted for about 25,000 miles and I do drive it pretty hard. I've heard of losing an injector but I lost compression on 2 cyclinders so it's more than just an injector.

Trying to look on the bright side... now I'm getting my turbo swap a little sooner than expected haha.

You should do 40% nozzles why you are at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Haha definitely the bright side! Youre just doing what most of us wish we were doing, but havent pulled the trigger on it yet.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
No we haven't torn it down. Petes truck was DOA, and we are going to work it in as soon as we can. We probably won't strip the old one until after his build is done. He opted to start with a fresh built long block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Nothing much to update with the build to date. Just playing the waiting game for parts. Hopefully pulling the trans next week to be sent out for the upgrade and then whenever the parts come in start to assemble the longblock.

But if anyone wants an S&B Intake I'll be selling the one off this truck when it's done since the Elite Kit comes with it's own intake.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Waiting for parts is like when you're a kid and you know what you're getting for Christmas but can't play with them till Christmas day... man this rental car (Ford Focus) is starting to destroy my soul and make me listen to Katy Perry. :fustrate: I don't know how much longer I can make it.

On a side note. So far we've added a Mag Hytec trans pan and hopefully some 15% injectors since I'm getting 8 new injectors.

Hopefully I'll be able to start posting more interesting sh*t in the next couple weeks. Until then I'll be jamming to Katy Perry in my rental Focus :drool:

BK39

Reaction score
... man this rental car (Ford Focus) is starting to destroy my soul and make me listen to Katy Perry. :fustrate: I don't know how much longer I can make it.

Until then I'll be jamming to Katy Perry in my rental Focus :drool:

You gotta admit, that 30 miles to the gallon sure is nice though.

Cool build, def gonna be a beast when you're done.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Waiting for parts is like when you're a kid and you know what you're getting for Christmas but can't play with them till Christmas day... man this rental car (Ford Focus) is starting to destroy my soul and make me listen to Katy Perry. :fustrate: I don't know how much longer I can make it.

On a side note. So far we've added a Mag Hytec trans pan and hopefully some 15% injectors since I'm getting 8 new injectors.

Hopefully I'll be able to start posting more interesting sh*t in the next couple weeks. Until then I'll be jamming to Katy Perry in my rental Focus :drool:

The Mag Hytek pan looks sweet doesn't it!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
You gotta admit, that 30 miles to the gallon sure is nice though.

Cool build, def gonna be a beast when you're done.
Its all about smiles per mile... And right now I'm getting 0 spm

I'm shooting for a beastly daily driver. Good things come to those who wait

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
The Mag Hytek pan looks sweet doesn't it!

Yes it does! Plus with a bigger capacity I should fine doing plenty of burnouts. That Elite built tranny painted red + the Mag Hytec pan bolted to the RCD longblock painted black is giving me a half chub.

The dude next to me in his Prius is smiling at me too... I don't know what looks appealing about a 6'2" 310lbs dude in a Focus. Chicago is a weird place man.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yes it does! Plus with a bigger capacity I should fine doing plenty of burnouts. That Elite built tranny painted red + the Mag Hytec pan bolted to the RCD longblock painted black is giving me a half chub.

The dude next to me in his Prius is smiling at me too... I don't know what looks appealing about a 6'2" 310lbs dude in a Focus. Chicago is a weird place man.

God Pete. The chit you say.. Made my day. Someone's truck sure looks pretty in the shop. Talk to you after scheids, if I survive lol

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Elite Trans are always bright orange, just FYI. Lol

Latest posts

Members online