BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
A small update on hump day:

- Maryland Performance drop in 6.7 Intercooler arrived at the shop.
- Diesel Cartels Rigid Dually D2 fogs and Cree LED Bulbs shipped Monday so those should be good to go.
- Talked with Nathannial @ Elite this morning. Just one last bit of machining to do so once Thadd gets those back the built 6R140 should be good to go.

Currently 124 days since I've sat in the truck. Don't realize how nice these new trucks are till you go without yours that long. Almost there.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Got to check out everything in person at RCD this week. Everythings ready and has been for a couple months (minus the trans) for the new setup to be swapped into the truck. This is just the first I've seen many of the parts in person as I'm going through a move. Intercooler from MPD looks good, the core on that thing is pretty damn thick. Turbo kit looks good welds look clean. I'm leaving everything raw for now I might polish it down the road.

RCD once again impressed me with the organization and attention to detail on the motor. Looks awesome (on the motor stand)

At this point still no transmission. I could easily put it back together with the stock transmission but when you pay for a built trans you want it on the truck the 1st time and done right. At this point I haven't heard anything in 2.5 weeks so I highly doubt the truck will be on the road in the year 2014 with an Elite 6R140... is what it is.

Dan

Reaction score
How long does it take to machine parts for a transmission? Hope you see it soon man! Waiting on parts can be a chore expecially when you know you're getting the run around

jcain

Reaction score
Well it's good to see Elite has enough time to bust Dan's balls almost immediately but couldn't contact whitemamba in 2.5weeks. Cool

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting for parts... I'm use to waiting 6 months for guns so I understand thinks take time. Just frustrating when I've wasted $5,000 extending a rental car month after month because I thought it would just be a few more days. If it's going to take months to get a trans done just tell me up front... I could of bought a pretty damn nice car to haul my ass to work for the money I've pumped into a rental. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

The purpose was not to bitch and complain about taking forever. Elite makes quality stuff it just takes longer than others, nothing wrong with that at all. Yes it sucks not having a truck but **** happens. After checking out the turbo kit last week I'm sure the Trans will be worth the wait. Welds look good on all the pieces so I'm sure the trans will be just fine too. Plus I will give it plenty of break in time and the motor will never see a bottle of nitrous... bottles are for babies.

I'm currently in the process of changing jobs and moving back to Ohio so thats the only thing thats frustrating with no truck, which is not Elites fault at all thats mine haha. Return rental, take a cab to uhual, rent a truck, then I'll have to get another rental car back in Ohio till the trucks done... or buy a cheap daily driver.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well it's good to see Elite has enough time to bust Dan's balls almost immediately but couldn't contact whitemamba in 2.5weeks. Cool

Actually, Nathannial took time to call me on his personal time to completely fill me in on everything and to explain why things are taking so long.

When you are in the real business, you deal with the dealer who orders the parts.

Trans was purchased from me, where the work is being performed.

There is a chain of command that must be followed for better business

As far as I'm concerned. Dan bring's nothing the table of the this thread except slandor and ignorance, all he did was take a stab where he saw an oppportunity. Especially since he claims Pete's gotten the run around.

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting for parts... I'm use to waiting 6 months for guns so I understand thinks take time. Just frustrating when I've wasted $5,000 extending a rental car month after month because I thought it would just be a few more days. If it's going to take months to get a trans done just tell me up front... I could of bought a pretty damn nice car to haul my ass to work for the money I've pumped into a rental. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

The purpose was not to bitch and complain about taking forever. Elite makes quality stuff it just takes longer than others, nothing wrong with that at all. Yes it sucks not having a truck but **** happens. After checking out the turbo kit last week I'm sure the Trans will be worth the wait. Welds look good on all the pieces so I'm sure the trans will be just fine too. Plus I will give it plenty of break in time and the motor will never see a bottle of nitrous... bottles are for babies.

I'm currently in the process of changing jobs and moving back to Ohio so thats the only thing thats frustrating with no truck, which is not Elites fault at all thats mine haha. Return rental, take a cab to uhual, rent a truck, then I'll have to get another rental car back in Ohio till the trucks done... or buy a cheap daily driver.

Hey, dont be an asshole Pete. You laughed when I told you how much Nitrous my 10 was getting for DPC.. you didnt call me a baby :p

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Pete why don't you put the stock trans. back in and break it in kinda like Kaleb did?

Gary,

With Pete relocating that would mean he would come get the truck, get it home 9-10 hours away, break it in, then have to limp it back here to change it. Plus with us having the motor out witht the cab off, its literally less than an hour to finish the swap. Huge labor savings.

Nathannial let me have everything we needed, we should be back on track here soon and have this thing banging here shortly :)

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Pete why don't you put the stock trans. back in and break it in kinda like Kaleb did?

It was a lot of time and work to be switching around transmissions.. I doubt he wants to deal with that. Surprisingly enough though, my stock trans was still in great shape when we pulled it! Lol

swinky

Reaction score
It was a lot of time and work to be switching around transmissions.. I doubt he wants to deal with that. Surprisingly enough though, my stock trans was still in great shape when we pulled it! Lol
Is it harder to pull a trans on these than earlier trucks?

Latest posts

Members online