BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

gfulton

Reaction score
Gary,

With Pete relocating that would mean he would come get the truck, get it home 9-10 hours away, break it in, then have to limp it back here to change it. Plus with us having the motor out witht the cab off, its literally less than an hour to finish the swap. Huge labor savings.

Nathannial let me have everything we needed, we should be back on track here soon and have this thing banging here shortly :)

Completly understand now, thanks Jared

gfulton

Reaction score
It was a lot of time and work to be switching around transmissions.. I doubt he wants to deal with that. Surprisingly enough though, my stock trans was still in great shape when we pulled it! Lol

Yea that's still hard to believe. I'm sure being 2wd and extended cab had something to do with that also.....

Dan

Reaction score
Now you guys are complaining about how hard it is to change a transmission? Like really?

Hey Nathaniel, you must get sick of all this eh? Constantly having customers pissed off and having to lie to them? Haha i bet you saunter over to tadds rebuild area and see their products not any where near done and shake your head!!! Then blaitently lie to them saying 'oh just a couple more weeks' hahaha one day you'll look yourself in the mirror and realize you're better than all this!

**drops mic**

*leaves*

Dan

Reaction score
Screenshot_2014-12-08-09-35-542_zpsn3njct0z.jpg

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Now you guys are complaining about how hard it is to change a transmission? Like really?

Hey Nathaniel, you must get sick of all this eh? Constantly having customers pissed off and having to lie to them? Haha i bet you saunter over to tadds rebuild area and see their products not any where near done and shake your head!!! Then blaitently lie to them saying 'oh just a couple more weeks' hahaha one day you'll look yourself in the mirror and realize you're better than all this!

**drops mic**

*leaves*

Dan,

Do us all a favor, and I mean this is the most polite manor. Shut the hell up, and stay in your own business. Stop taking personal attacks at good people too. This is beyond childish, and bears NO relativity to Pete Schafers Engine Build.

Good day.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Yeah I really considered putting it back with the stock trans but like Jared said with me moving I'd much rather just leave it at RCD and wait and do it once. I'll just take a day or 2 off when we go to tune it and pick it up finished and ready to roll. And ME break in a motor... lol hell the 1st kid in a moose mirror Dodge that pulled up next to me would be way too much temptation for me to handle. Too much temptation to launch it.

I'm perfectly fine waiting for Elite to get to my stuff in the order it showed up to their shop. I'm not a spoiled bitch trying to skip in line and run around saying look at me.

Dan... smh I knew you'd show your dumbass here as soon as I mentioned Elite. Truth is they have never lied to me. I simply said I hadn't heard from them because they were talking to Jared which is fine with me that's the way it should be. I know you ***ked up your motor and embarrassed everyone in the powerstroke community at DCP but my thread is no place to be a dick. You remind me of the guy that shows up to a bonfire completely wasted and starts trying to *** all the girls and makes a complete tool out of yourself and ends up getting his ass beat and cries to daddy. Just stay at your own damn party and the *** out of mine.

I look at it this way... my truck doesn't have any salt on it yet. That's a plus lol :eek:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Beings this build will be close to me when it's done Id like to check it out sometime. What part of ohio are you from?
Originally from Marietta. I'll be living in Columbus or 30 mins radius after the move. Still looking for a house. I'd like to make it to some pulls or events next summer in the area whether I'll be pulling is yet to be determined. I have some friends that pull Trucks and also Tractors so I'll try get around as much as I can to some events if you're not close.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Originally from Marietta. I'll be living in Columbus or 30 mins radius after the move. Still looking for a house. I'd like to make it to some pulls or events next summer in the area whether I'll be pulling is yet to be determined. I have some friends that pull Trucks and also Tractors so I'll try get around as much as I can to some events if you're not close.

I have been debating on pulling my truck for the last two years. So far I have managed to keep it away from the sled. I know as soon as I do it I will be hooked in more than one way and that will get expensive real fast. The bad part is I know in just a couple of months the truck will be set up pretty much perfect for pulling with all the correct suspension mods done etc etc. I just have a hard time bringing myself to actually hook it even though I am pretty confident in a top 3 in my local county pulls, it just seems like a bad road to go down :fustrate:

Rmartin-97

Reaction score

I'm 45 min south of Columbus I'm at a lot of truck pulls and stuff I'd like to see it in action.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I have been debating on pulling my truck for the last two years. So far I have managed to keep it away from the sled. I know as soon as I do it I will be hooked in more than one way and that will get expensive real fast. The bad part is I know in just a couple of months the truck will be set up pretty much perfect for pulling with all the correct suspension mods done etc etc. I just have a hard time bringing myself to actually hook it even though I am pretty confident in a top 3 in my local county pulls, it just seems like a bad road to go down :fustrate:
Yeah I will probably enter it a couple times but just for fun. I'll probably find the weak point in the driveline real quick with my setup now haha.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
A few of us like to hit national trails on test n tune nights to.
My new job is about 20 mins from National trails.

I've been looking for houses on the NE to SE side of Columbus so I'll be about 30 mins from National Trails! I use to go there when I was younger and when I was at OSU. I'll definitely be there when it opens up for the season.

Reaction score
unfortunately yes, you have to pull the starter to get the flexplate bolts. to get the starter out you have to pull the oil filter assembly off as well.

True about the starter. But I pulled two 6r140's last week and didn't pull the oil filter. Just have to tilt the starter right and it comes out in about 10 seconds. Fwiw, may save you some time in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online