Wiring a Rigid Lightbar - How?

jwanck11

Reaction score
Installed a Rigid E series 20" light bar last night. Now it is time to wire it up. I plan to use Upfitter #1 (yellow wire under dash) and the brown pass-thru wire in the engine bay. The question I have is with the Rigid harness.

Here is a pict of the relay:
ss-used-for-10-30-light-bars-by-rigid-industries-5.jpg

Other than using the plug that connects to the light bar, I *believe* the blue wire gets tied to the upfitter (pass-thru) wire and the ground of the same bundle (that would go to the switch) goes to ground. The rest of the wires would not be used.

Is this correct?

Reaction score
That Rigid harness can pretty much be eliminated.

Heres what you need to do.

1. Unroll the harness.
2. Find the plug that plugs into the light bar (orange and grey usually)
3. Follow that all the way up to the relay and cut the red and black wire there.
4. Ground the black wire somewhere.
5. Hook the red wire to a pass thru wire under the brake booster.
6. Hook that same color pass thru wire to the yellow up fitter wire thats under the dash.

the rest of that rigid harness can be scrapped.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Thanks guys.. Makes perfect sense - given the up fitter has a relay and power.

In the engine bay, I assume I am going through the wheel well liner to get at the pass thru wires?

I also got my flush mount D2's. Excited to get them installed.

jwanck11

Reaction score
thanks - I found them....

I am going to go through the firewall and straight to the switch... screw all of this short wire crap.

It seems a heck of a lot easier to ground the black wire and run the red to the yellow at the back of the switch. This will have fewer inline splices as well.

Latest posts

Members online