transmission and tune help

blakerugg

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here, and I have been having trouble finding help elsewhere.

My truck is a 2012 6.7 with a sinister EGR delete, turbo back exhaust, and s/b intake. My tuning was purchased from Venom (SCT) about a year ago. 98,000 miles.

My first issue is that I'm unhappy with my tunes, the commute/normal driving is okay but towing isn't fun sometimes and the shifting is all messed up. Any serious throttle and the truck gets all messed up off the line. If you need more specific info let me know. Does anyone here know who writes tunes for Venom? I have been unhappy with the entire experience and wish to find new tunes for the SCT.

The second issue is that my transmission runs really abnormally hot. The first time experiencing this was this winter plowing snow (yes, it was a rough winter here in RI). The temps would get to around 225, and others said not to worry much. Well now yesterday I towed 5-6,000lbs around 50 miles and the temp was 233 deg F. The temp outside was around 80 deg F. I was running a street/daily tune but i really feel as though i shouldnt have to switch to a tow tune to tow two polaris rangers and an atv on an open trailer. If you downshift too much the boost rockets up way past 30psi too.

Transmission fluid hasnt been flushed. I guess thats the first place to start? Question is...where should I look for tunes? Some of you may know me from the other site, but really I'm just looking for input from a different crowd. Second question, is what do you think may be up with the tranny? And where do i start?

I know this is a lot but thank you all in advance for any input at all.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Welcome to the army man! I'm guna let a vendor speek up and help you out but I think it's 100% tune related although those are high temps. Give it a day and you will have a answer.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here, and I have been having trouble finding help elsewhere.

My truck is a 2012 6.7 with a sinister EGR delete, turbo back exhaust, and s/b intake. My tuning was purchased from Venom (SCT) about a year ago. 98,000 miles.

My first issue is that I'm unhappy with my tunes, the commute/normal driving is okay but towing isn't fun sometimes and the shifting is all messed up. Any serious throttle and the truck gets all messed up off the line. If you need more specific info let me know. Does anyone here know who writes tunes for Venom? I have been unhappy with the entire experience and wish to find new tunes for the SCT.

The second issue is that my transmission runs really abnormally hot. The first time experiencing this was this winter plowing snow (yes, it was a rough winter here in RI). The temps would get to around 225, and others said not to worry much. Well now yesterday I towed 5-6,000lbs around 50 miles and the temp was 233 deg F. The temp outside was around 80 deg F. I was running a street/daily tune but i really feel as though i shouldnt have to switch to a tow tune to tow two polaris rangers and an atv on an open trailer. If you downshift too much the boost rockets up way past 30psi too.

Transmission fluid hasnt been flushed. I guess thats the first place to start? Question is...where should I look for tunes? Some of you may know me from the other site, but really I'm just looking for input from a different crowd. Second question, is what do you think may be up with the tranny? And where do i start?

I know this is a lot but thank you all in advance for any input at all.

sounds like the tune isnt locking the converter . we can get you lined out no problem.

blakerugg

Reaction score
sory guys i just saw these responses now. forgot to subscribe to my own thread. mike ill give you a shout monday. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.