2015 PIP tune issues

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Got a chance to plug in my X4 and see what Rpm I was getting 10psi at. At 1900 rpm I had 10.27lbs of boost. Just wanted to put my findings on here. I'm truly curious why the V7 tunes work great on some trucks and not so great on others. In the earlier versions of the Pip tunes I had a lot of shift flaring where as Mike's truck wasn't doing it. Luckily I haven't ran into that problem with the V7 files. What kind of Rpm are the IDP files making 10psi at?

Charles

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
Got a chance to plug in my X4 and see what Rpm I was getting 10psi at. At 1900 rpm I had 10.27lbs of boost. Just wanted to put my findings on here. I'm truly curious why the V7 tunes work great on some trucks and not so great on others. In the earlier versions of the Pip tunes I had a lot of shift flaring where as Mike's truck wasn't doing it. Luckily I haven't ran into that problem with the V7 files. What kind of Rpm are the IDP files making 10psi at?

Charles

Im not sure I will have to check that for you, I also still need to get the o-60 time. I just returned my cts because I ordered the cts2 so I have no gauges at the moment. So as soon as the cts2 arrives I will see what my boost is. On another note I just took all highway trip but with a fair amount of hills. Got 17.83 hand calculated doing 75mph most of the way. the computer showed 17.6. this was with 900lbs in the bed on the return trip. With the pip v7 extreme the best highway I got was 13.8 and truck showed 16.1 and this was at only 65mph, It was way off. With Idp it was within .2 and I was very happy to see 17.8 especially with 900lbs in the bed. The truck only has 1800 miles so maybe it will still get a little better when broken in.

Latest posts

Members online