Exhaust chugging

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It's the vanes in the turbo cycling. They all do it you can just hear it more with a deleted exhaust. Mine sounds like a big block with a big cam when I start it.

Reaction score
The EGR is shut off thanks to the programming but like I said, not deleted yet

The programming may shut it off, but like my H&S, they require you to physically unplug the electrical harness from the EGR valve itself. It can cause weird things to happen if not. Might want to try that and see if theres any change. Also, it is normal for the vanes to cycle on the VGT which will change the pitch of the turbo for a few seconds at a time. One second youll hear straight turbo, the next it will go back to a normal rumble.

cmb921

Reaction score
Can you load it to photo bucket or youtube

I think I just got it to work through Youtube
The first video is normal, the second has the different exhaust noise with a different idle that it only does when the truck is already warm.

Last edited:

cmb921

Reaction score
It's the vanes in the turbo cycling. They all do it you can just hear it more with a deleted exhaust. Mine sounds like a big block with a big cam when I start it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEg6...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6XU...ature=youtu.be

UNBROKEN is that what yours sounds like? the first video versus the second. I was literally almost going to say the same thing is that I thought it sounded like it was cammed out but it it will only do that when its warm. Idk if that's normal or if that valve is opening and closing when it shouldn't

higherlife

Reaction score
mine sounds like your "cold start" video every time i start the truck, cold or warmed up. i dont think your "warmed up" is right. something seems off that it would keep cycling

cmb921

Reaction score
mine sounds like your "cold start" video every time i start the truck, cold or warmed up. i dont think your "warmed up" is right. something seems off that it would keep cycling

My friends said the exact same thing to me that theirs neverrrrr sounds like that. that's why I'm a little concerned now bc mine does this all the time if it's already warmed up

Latest posts

Members online