Getting a 6.7, what to do first?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Yea....that's why I brought it up. Not to mention it's been addressed/asked in the past but usually followed by crickets which tells me people just don't know.

jcain

Reaction score
The 15+ absolutely show their weakness at 600rwhp, in regards to the trans, most commonly the 4-5 and 5-6 shift

jcain

Reaction score
The converters are different, but how would that affect an inability for the forward clutches to hold power? The converter isn't slipping it's the clutches.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Okay...so help me understand how the clutch plate break out between the Forward Clutch and Direct Clutch cause that problem since those are the only areas that have less(1 less Friction and 1 less Separator plate in each clutch to be exact) plates between the 11-14 trans and 15+ trans.

I'm not saying it's the convertor as the source of the issue...there's more parts causing the shifting then just those plates alone.

jcain

Reaction score
Okay...so help me understand how the clutch plate break out between the Forward Clutch and Direct Clutch cause that problem since those are the only areas that have less(1 less Friction and 1 less Separator plate in each clutch to be exact) plates between the 11-14 trans and 15+ trans.

I'm not saying it's the convertor as the source of the issue...there's more parts causing the shifting then just those plates alone.

You answered your own question. One less friction.

J98

Reaction score
The 15+ absolutely show their weakness at 600rwhp, in regards to the trans, most commonly the 4-5 and 5-6 shift

A 11-14 isn’t close to 600 rwhp (tuned only) and that’s where a large majority of owners stop with performance mods... could also play into why there’s been more of ‘15-16 casualties

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
The 15+ is all fine and dandy and everyone loves to point out the better turbo and pump but they almost always forget to mention the reduced clutch count in the trans.

Which shouldn’t matter. My truck had 128k of race tune abused when I traded it in. I’d still rock the 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
What cold air intake to go with for this? Has a K&N right now, stick with that or get a no limit or something? Got the EZ Lynk with TSD tunes. Seems like I really have to get into the throttle go get to the power/boost, but it moves out good once it hits. I would imagine thats just something to get used to over my 6.0. Other than that, got the exhaust and all the ******s done. Love the thing so far!

sootie

Reaction score
What cold air intake to go with for this? Has a K&N right now, stick with that or get a no limit or something? Got the EZ Lynk with TSD tunes. Seems like I really have to get into the throttle go get to the power/boost, but it moves out good once it hits. I would imagine thats just something to get used to over my 6.0. Other than that, got the exhaust and all the ******s done. Love the thing so far!
Throw the k&n out ASAP. I would go with a no limit personally

C2tuck

Reaction score
I have the same exact setup and mines spools pretty quick. Have plenty of low end power, only notice power drop off on top end when cruising 80-85 and going to pass someone. It’s there I just want more. Lol.

Could definitely tell a difference when I put the No Limit on.

Also do your cold side pipe if you haven’t already. H&S ftw!

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I have the same exact setup and mines spools pretty quick. Have plenty of low end power, only notice power drop off on top end when cruising 80-85 and going to pass someone. It’s there I just want more. Lol.

Could definitely tell a difference when I put the No Limit on.

Also do your cold side pipe if you haven’t already. H&S ftw!

Got the no limit intake on its way, hopefully that helps my kinda strange low end power issue. If not, im sure its just something different than my old truck I have to get used to. What TSD tune are you running? I have to wire in my shift on the fly switch yet, but have one of their tunes loaded. Havent tried any others yet.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Got the no limit intake on its way, hopefully that helps my kinda strange low end power issue. If not, im sure its just something different than my old truck I have to get used to. What TSD tune are you running? I have to wire in my shift on the fly switch yet, but have one of their tunes loaded. Havent tried any others yet.

Honestly not sure as the shop loaded it. Could be because the switch isn’t installed. I normally run in setting 4. Had to switch to 1 yesterday cause it was raining and my ass end kept breaking loose under normal driving.

Latest posts

Members online