2015+ Turbo Retrofit kit on 2011-2014

Swaan

Reaction score
Really??? What's so dumb about it.

I phoned them and asked him myself . Said he likes to use the EZ link platform for tuning the 6.7. What did I miss here?

sootie

Reaction score
That is one of the dumbest ***n things I’ve ever heard.....
Derive just killed the tuning capability ...and threatened to-if not shared, all the dealers defeating emissions info to the EPA on exchange for hopefully some lenience on the fine...

I think it makes perfect sense.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Bc believe it or not....not EVERYONE is a phone whore..... It would probably blow most peoples minds how many of my customers don’t even have cell phones and/or OS of the like to tune from.

Also, countless areas throughout WV of no cell service and/or WiFi...

Let me say that my post was nothing against TSD or other tuners that only use ez-lynk. The part that is frustrating is the basis of the pass-thru.

However, I know my area and situations are the miniority not the mainstream.

I apologize for getting this thread off topic.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Bc believe it or not....not EVERYONE is a phone whore..... It would probably blow most peoples minds how many of my customers don’t even have cell phones and/or OS of the like to tune from.

Also, countless areas throughout WV of no cell service and/or WiFi...

Let me say that my post was nothing against TSD or other tuners that only use ez-lynk. The part that is frustrating is the basis of the pass-thru.

However, I know my area and situations are the miniority not the mainstream.

I apologize for getting this thread off topic.

Sorry, I don't mean to be argumentative but your post does not make sense? Are you under the understanding that EZ lynk is a "pass through device" that must always be connected to wifi? It works just like SCT in that you can load tunes and pull it off the truck. You only need to plug in the device to monitor or load tunes.

No cell service or wifi? How are you getting the tunes on the SCT? At some point they have to be connected to the internet somewhere? You can do the same with EZ lynk. You only have to be connected to download tunes, Just like SCT.

If your customers are all so "low tech"... then you can just use your phone/ezlynk to install tunes on the truck. You only have to pay for another license. Device does not have to stay on the truck. They still get the switch on the fly and probably won't be changing tunes EVER if they are so low tech that they don't know how to use a cell phone then they probably won't know how to use an SCT.

On top of that, if they are high tech enough to use an sct but don't have a cell phone... then you can buy a monitor for the ez lynk for $200-$300

Swaan

Reaction score
Your waisting your breath........

He will probably just say " that's one the dumbest ***en things ive ever heard"!.

So what does that tell ya.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't mean to be argumentative but your post does not make sense? Are you under the understanding that EZ lynk is a "pass through device" that must always be connected to wifi? It works just like SCT in that you can load tunes and pull it off the truck. You only need to plug in the device to monitor or load tunes.

No cell service or wifi? How are you getting the tunes on the SCT? At some point they have to be connected to the internet somewhere? You can do the same with EZ lynk. You only have to be connected to download tunes, Just like SCT.

If your customers are all so "low tech"... then you can just use your phone/ezlynk to install tunes on the truck. You only have to pay for another license. Device does not have to stay on the truck. They still get the switch on the fly and probably won't be changing tunes EVER if they are so low tech that they don't know how to use a cell phone then they probably won't know how to use an SCT.

On top of that, if they are high tech enough to use an sct but don't have a cell phone... then you can buy a monitor for the ez lynk for $200-$300
Thanks for the clarification. I actually thought ezlynk needed data/wifi to change tunes.

I get the sct hatred for what was done.

live life full throttle

co04cobra

Reaction score

No arguing here, once again I apologize on derailing the thread.

Using my phone is exactly what I have did in the past, but I don’t want to or plan to do that continuously. To be honest most days I’d rather chuck mine off a bridge.

As for the scts, I buy the device, and load all the tunes on the device and trucks while they are at my shop. Then I usually stick them in the customers glove box.

Is what it is, there are other ways to use Ez-lynk and I get that. Probably buying or using an old device dedicated for that is what I should move towards.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Your waisting your breath........

He will probably just say " that's one the dumbest ***en things ive ever heard"!.

So what does that tell ya.

Once again, I apologize for the statement. It had been a frustrating day and it bled over on to here.

Swaan

Reaction score
Fair enough. I understand. Back to turbo talk folks.��

Latest posts

Members online