2011 F450 Dually

01platinum

Reaction score
So my tow rig is about to hit 100k miles. How safe is it do delete all the emissions crap and put a programmer on it? Looking for some better mileage and if it will help with towing the 50' trailer with 2 cars in it. Although it tows like a beast now. Just want to make sure before I go to the boss and see if he wants to order the parts. Thanks

Mpoage

Reaction score
As long as its not abused I dont see any reason why it wouldnt go another 100k with it deleted.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome job to me!

It will go awhile even with the emissions on it, there are higher mileage 6.7's out there. I hear you don't get that much of a mileage increase deleted though, especially towing there won't be much. The extra power is always nice, like anything, if you don't beat on it it will last you a long time.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Im with Dustin.

I doubt your boss gives a fart about fuel economy and as you mentioned those dang things tow like a beast stock.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I knew you would chime in. The 6.7 is literally the only truck I would leave stock, besides and intake maybe. With all the emissions stuff coming down the pike it may be best to leave it alone like you're saying.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I am the opposite. I feel like my truck does much better missing a few parts, but I do short trip it a lot and I think that has a lot to do with it. I'm pretty easy on it most of the time but the extra power is pretty nice when I want it. I picked up about 3 mpgs after I got everything done. Still tows like a beast too. 30psi up hills in 6th gear at 70mph with 15k behind it and egts hardly ever saw over 900.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The only thing i might want to add is your boss might be upset if he has to put a couple turbos on it because it got tuned...

If the turbos werent so fragile to high boost i would say do it, but they just dont seam to enjoy that for very long. I know some have had good luck others havent but from a making money standpoint... leave it stock, i doubt towing that heavy you will see any mileage gains

01platinum

Reaction score
I am still kind of at a standstill. I have no problems with the truck the way it is now. I am just really ready for my next truck or big rig. Which ever way our plans go. I was just checking. I know I would hate to hurt the engine some how.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Youve mentioned you like to sleep close to the trailer..........bed, bath, and kitchen LOL

scsleeper_zps0b97163b.jpg

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
My fathers one buddy just traded his 6.4 dually for one of those and loves it. He says he actually gets decent mileage towing his race car trailer too.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I agree to leave it alone. I travel all over myself and there is nothing worse than being broke down with no custom parts around. And if it breaks stock.... who cares any ford dealer can fix it without a fight.

Hot rods are for home!

Rivets are the new duct tape.

Minzbig

Reaction score
Mines tuned, I put about 40,000 miles a year on mine.

Leave it stock, I saw almost nothing for fuel milage increase, if something does go wrong on the road you are going to have a heck of a time finding someone to fix it as the dealer will want it back to stock to diagnose it.

Latest posts

Members online