'14 PS pedal hesitation???

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
hello, maybe i missed it, but i was looking around on here for a fix for the 6.7l upgraded pedal? i have a '14 truck and the factory pedal on it is about making me want to return this truck. whenever i need to get on it for any reason, i hit the pedal, and like 3 seconds later then the truck starts to just spin out. anyone else know what i am talking about? i have a neighbor who also has an '11 PS and he is experiencing the same problem. i have had several powerstrokes over the years, and none have had this pedal retardation. does anyone know how to fix this or if there are any companys out there that have fix? thanks!

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
I'm not aware of a recall for this issue. This seems like the problem they had in the mustangs when they first went to drive by wire. If it is, tuning the ECM SHOULD fix it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
hello, maybe i missed it, but i was looking around on here for a fix for the 6.7l upgraded pedal? i have a '14 truck and the factory pedal on it is about making me want to return this truck. whenever i need to get on it for any reason, i hit the pedal, and like 3 seconds later then the truck starts to just spin out. anyone else know what i am talking about? i have a neighbor who also has an '11 PS and he is experiencing the same problem. i have had several powerstrokes over the years, and none have had this pedal retardation. does anyone know how to fix this or if there are any companys out there that have fix? thanks!

Are you talking about the "lag" on when you press the pedal to when the truck starts to go?

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
yes, the lag, sorry about the poor choice of descriptive words. from the time i hit the pedal, to the time the truck actually responds, is like 3 seconds. i hate it!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
yes, the lag, sorry about the poor choice of descriptive words. from the time i hit the pedal, to the time the truck actually responds, is like 3 seconds. i hate it!

Yup that is normal that is the factory torque reduction and turbo "lag" in the factory tune.

Last edited:

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
i am sure most of you dont know what i am talking about because your trucks are tuned, but for those of us with stock trucks, are there any aftermarket fixes for the factory retarded pedal?

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
i do not understand why ford would do that on these 6.7ls, and call it torque reduction, as it reduces nothing, it just delays the response. if i make a left turn in traffic, and step on it, it just sits like a prius, and then 3 seconds later, it spins out like crazy, its stupid. on any of the my other diesels(all fords) it just goes when i tell it to, not 3 seconds later . . . how about my neighbor's '11PS, what is the best tuner for his model year? thanks gents for the input so far!

RedRice589

Reaction score
It's lag... All of them have it. The 6.4 wasn't bad because of stock compounds. You either aren't applying it correctly or something. Mine only spins if I want it to. Maybe you need to reanalyze YOUR throttle inputs. I drove mine for 30k miles with no tune and it was fine. No "lag" at all if I wanted it to move it moved. Period. Also flooring it straight off is why it spins. Give it 30-50% throttle and then once it goes put it to that floor. It's not that hard of a concept. Every diesel does it. If you want reaction get a gasser. Even tuned there is still lag.

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
It's lag... All of them have it. The 6.4 wasn't bad because of stock compounds. You either aren't applying it correctly or something. Mine only spins if I want it to. Maybe you need to reanalyze YOUR throttle inputs. I drove mine for 30k miles with no tune and it was fine. No "lag" at all if I wanted it to move it moved. Period. Also flooring it straight off is why it spins. Give it 30-50% throttle and then once it goes put it to that floor. It's not that hard of a concept. Every diesel does it. If you want reaction get a gasser. Even tuned there is still lag.

this has nothing to do with reaction, as it does with some kind of factory programmed throttle delay, i have several diesels, and this 6.7l is the only one that has such a delay on the throttle, and yes, i called it lag earlier in this post, but it is most certainly not turbo lag that i am referring to, i know what turbo lag is, and this 6.7l scorpion issue is not it . . . but thanks for the comment.

Horns07

Reaction score
Mine is tuned and deleted. Running the spe hot x tune. And there is a lag in it also. It's just part of it. Mine isn't bad from a dead stop but just rolling down the road and romp on it there is a delay.

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
He wasn't referring to turbo lag. It is a lag that is programmed into the computer in the truck. For some reason Ford does this. As stated above a drive by wire system will always have some lag time from input to output. The computer has to receive the input and process it before it can give output. Tuning the truck will make a big difference, but there will always be some lag time.

RedRice589

Reaction score
That's every vehicle it has to choose what it wants to do in the tranny the. The motor comes on and does it. Mine still does it tuned with traction control off. If I punch it from a dead stop in 4x4 or 2wd. Move your pedals towards you more. The 13's I've driven feel no different than mine did. If I punch it pulling out mine hesitates I can count 1.....2.... Then tires get annihilated.

And traction control cleans it up and it sputters like a POS... Hopefully police mode via IDS can get rid of traction control. It's irritating.

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
better grab a minimax before there gone and either run the h&s tunes or contact gearhead performance for a tune

ok, i have been looking around on the interwebs, and it looks like the minimaxx is going for around 2k . . . any other places sell it cheaper? i also went straight to the H&S webplace and it said that it is on natinoal back order???? wtf does that mean? either way, why are these things to hard to get ahold of and so pricey?

Latest posts

Members online