wheel spacers

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
im gonna order some wheel spacers dont know what to get 2 or 3 inch ones ! what do u guys think? im saving up for some american forces so spacers will have to do for a while! on there now is a 2.5 leveling kit and 20x10
s prolly -19 i think pretty much in the fenders im going for the 14 wide look or atleast close

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I can't answer which ones but when you decide we can get them.

U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum, Lifetime warrantee, hub-centric and wheel-centric The spacers are roughly 3-5 times stronger than the Ford cast 20" wheels .

We also have Steel spacers if wanted.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
If you run a 2" spacer the wheel should stick out about 4.7" over stock since your wheels stick out about 2.7" over stock. Anything more than that will be a very aggressive stance. Up to you on the wear and tear issues.

50_shooter

Reaction score
How will the axles handle this? Would it be more stress than offset wheels? In my mind it shouldn't be any different, but idk.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
I would think the same also ! I don't really tow or anything either so I would think it would be ok!!

JrStroker

Reaction score
How will the axles handle this? Would it be more stress than offset wheels? In my mind it shouldn't be any different, but idk.
The best way to describe wear and tear is simple. Take a gallon of milk/water/gas (whatever really) and hold it with your arms straight out in front of you. Hold it as long as you physically can. Now tuck your arms in and hold it close to you. You can hold it much longer.

Same thing with your bearing/axles/hubs and all that good stuff. The extra weight/leverage kills ya. But if you want it bad enough you can deal with it.
I would think the same also ! I don't really tow or anything either so I would think it would be ok!!

€ory Anderson

JCROMAN73

Reaction score

The stress will be the same as the matching offset wheel in the same width you are going to be running. The amount of extra stress is negligible on these trucks. I have ran high negative offset wheels with 35 to 37" tires for over 10 years on these trucks and have never had to replace wheel bearings not even at 165k. Most people that chime in dont actually have real world experience and just go by the science that it will add more leverage and there fore wear out your bearings. These trucks are built to work and haul heavy loads. They have beefy bearings and it really not an issue. That being said I am not a fan of wheel spacers. I don't trust that they are on center due to manufacturing variances. Even wheels are not perfect so if you have a little run out on your wheel and spacer, combines together would be bad. I just prefer to get a negative offset wheel. I know money is a concern and a lot of people run spacers and seem to like em.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Most people that chime in dont actually have real world experience and just go by the science that it will add more leverage and there fore wear out your bearings. These trucks are built to work and haul heavy loads.

I don't know if you're talking about me, or other individuals, but I DO have real world experiance with spacer. They are built tough and made to handle heavier loads but the simple fact is that the more stress you put on the bearing the quicker it will wear out over a stockish setup. Whether that's 1k miles or 10k miles, it will wear out sooner. But, I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just saying, it's not all about science. And I do have experiance with spacers.

€ory Anderson

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
I don't know if you're talking about me, or other individuals, but I DO have real world experiance with spacer. They are built tough and made to handle heavier loads but the simple fact is that the more stress you put on the bearing the quicker it will wear out over a stockish setup. Whether that's 1k miles or 10k miles, it will wear out sooner. But, I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm just saying, it's not all about science. And I do have experiance with spacers.

€ory Anderson

I wasn't talking about any one person in general. And I wasn't referring to only spacers. I am referring to negative offsets in general and relation to bearing wear. I was just stating that for most bearing wear hasn't been an issue whether running wheel spacers or a negative offset wheel. Including me. I nor any of my friends have never had to replace a wheel bearing in one of these trucks. And Ive had 4 of them all lifted with big tires and negative offset wheels. I was simply stating that a lot of people that chime in about this subject are running stock wheels with no real world experience in this subject. They are usually not people that are running negative offset wheels or a spacer stating their bearings went bad in no time because of it. I never said wheel spacers are not tough. I simply don't trust that they don't have some run out. But these trucks are not overly sensitive so maybe wheel spacers are fine. I was a cnc machinist for 12 years and I know how things are made. I just don't trust the tolerances on mass produced spacers.

Latest posts

Members online