So which converter and valve body?

chaselee

Reaction score
So I thought that my TC was slipping a little already. I picked up my truck today from have the efuel, BW 364.5 sxe, and intercooler kit installed. It's official it's definitely slipping now. I cannot get on it much at all in lower gears or the rpms go through the roof and it just kinda goes. Once it's locked up in od I can roll into it and all is well from what I can tell. Of course I don't know any background on this trans either. I don't know if it's original with 160k on it or what.

So I figured I would start with a decent converter and a valve body and hope that will clean it up. So what do you guys recommend for my setup?

1023 tunes
Riffraff cai
4" straight exhaust
BW 364.5sxe
Super duty intercooler
Irate efuel
Full force 160/0

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Triple disc converter, and a valve body from John woods or BTS. Not sure who all does convertors for those trucks. I would check precision or dpc

DieselDC

Reaction score
Okay your previous thread I had thought you had 160/30 minimum but you have /0... definitely speak to sdk for a good tune!

I’m roughly at 450ish if not more with my tune. This is the billet tc I have (I’m cheap so my idea of greatness may vary)

tampa tq # 36-FT LS SD - (I have this one). Or DPC https://tinyurl.com/ydcdfd5x . DPC is comparable to PI (which I also have). I would go with tampa tc b/c you’re irate lot fits those # perfectly.

For the vb - like stated above, bts, JW, cncfab, dieselsite (in any order). I’m aliitle biased to bts b/c I have one on my other rig buts damn expensive if you don’t have my #1400 torque

Just some ideas but pick what ya like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselJpower

Reaction score
If that Tampa torque converter is actually Florida Torque converters ran by a guy named Marcin, I'd skip them all together. I toasted that same model number you have within 13k on stock injectors. Then toasted the strongest one they have after about 30k more. Put another of their strongest ones in there and my scanner showed up to 35. Rpm slippage in od since new. That little mofo got all kinds of lippy with me on the phone till I showed up at his office, and stood about 2 feet taller then him. Then he was respectful all the sudden. The company was out of ft Myers/ cape coral area at the time, but maybe they moved and or changed names. Skip out on them and build your trans overkill and through reputable companies, not something you want to do more then once $$$

DieselDC

Reaction score
If that Tampa torque converter is actually Florida Torque converters ran by a guy named Marcin, I'd skip them all together. I toasted that same model number you have within 13k on stock injectors. Then toasted the strongest one they have after about 30k more. Put another of their strongest ones in there and my scanner showed up to 35. Rpm slippage in od since new. That little mofo got all kinds of lippy with me on the phone till I showed up at his office, and stood about 2 feet taller then him. Then he was respectful all the sudden. The company was out of ft Myers/ cape coral area at the time, but maybe they moved and or changed names. Skip out on them and build your trans overkill and through reputable companies, not something you want to do more then once $$$

Yes that’s him. Haven’t had any trouble with mine. How long ago did you buy yours? You’re the only review I’ve heard thus far - so thx!

PI and DPC then folks to be on the safe side - if I have trouble with mine I will definitely let everyone know but so far so good.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I bought the original in Oct of 14 , dead by March of 15. Got the "best" one in a few weeks later and it died last year about April. Had been showing 25+ rpm slipping for a long while. I was stock injectors till April last year too, but the hybrids in and was done in less than 1k miles. Where did you find them , Flea bay ? Are you in FL ? For the record too, Trans plus is the company out of St Pete who built my trans and they're about worthless too. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Yes I am.

Yeah those guys are pathetic. My friend rebuilt mine and it’s solid. Put so me good parts in it. I’m going to buy a bts vb and call it done. I do have a bts so impartial to them.

chaselee

Reaction score
I sent JW an email last night, so we shall see if they reply. Thinking about a KT performance TC. With my setup, do you guys think I should just go triple disk and be done or could I get away with a single disk?

DieselDC

Reaction score
Go with triple and be done with it. Your at least 800T so that’s pretty high up there.

chaselee

Reaction score
:toast:I put the John Woods valve body and Diamond T performance triple disk converter in. It is actually getting the power to the ground now. Shifts are crisp but not too violent.

rrchlin

Reaction score
nice! I've been needing a new TC and just ordered baby swamps. Truck is LOW on power ATM and I can slip it if I try and launch.

Which one did you get the 350/650 HP converter? I'm thinking of going with https://ktperformance.net/i-6685260...7-3l-power-stroke-350hp-single-disk-4eod.html

Is the 350/700 to the wheels or flywheel you think?
I'm going from worn stock injectors to baby swamps 150/46 injectors. w/ chip and basic mods should be 300/600 to the wheels I read.

chaselee

Reaction score
No I went with the 650hp triple disk. Overkill I know, but I'd rather do it now than wish I had later.

Latest posts

Members online