Add a leaf / helper springs

joshua5438

Reaction score
I just bought a new set of wheels and tires and now I need to lift my truck a little more so they will fit. (I knew before I purchased them I would need to lift but was hoping I could get away with minor trimming). I currently have a 2.5" lift (spacer in front and blocks with traction bars in rear). I want to go with a 4.5" lift on the front but I need a way to lift the rear 2" without loosing my block with the traction bar mounts. I have seen several brands of add a leaf that claim to raise it 2" but wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience with certain brands. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• 20180413_185441.jpg
    20180413_185441.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

Shafer171

Reaction score
Is it worth sacrificing ride? New blocks aren’t that expensive and would keep the ride. Pmf will custom make blocks with bar mounts to any size you need.

joshua5438

Reaction score
Is it worth sacrificing ride? New blocks aren’t that expensive and would keep the ride. Pmf will custom make blocks with bar mounts to any size you need.

I personally do not like the idea of 6" tall blocks (stock block height + 2.5" current height + 2" to get me where I want to be). The helper springs do not kill the ride from past experience on other vehicles.

Latest posts

Members online