Coolant issues

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I need a radiator, any recommendations? I see mitsumoto has some pretty steep mixed reviews about them starting to leak after about 6 months. If thats the case seems better off to just go back stock. Any suggestions?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few guys have to replace their misimoto units almost once a year. 100 bucks for shipping and new coolant I am sure. Stockers last anywhere from 20k to 200k. Hit or miss I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jonnylu

Reaction score
I've had my mishimoto primary for 2 years with no problems!! Was the updated version with rubber mounts!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong either way. will you do the work? you say why does that matter? well free replacement under ford would be real nice to goto lunch and come pick up truck fixed. but if you capable, that mishimoto does look more stout even after all these failures previously. I guess they updated the design again, but I think its the frame rail flex is the real problem.

My 60k truck don't go offroad but when it does it flexes like a beotch

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I'm going to try to do it myself as long as I have the time to dedicate to it, I'm scheduled to fly out to Mexico soon For work so not sure when I'll get to it. I like the look of the all welded mishimoto but I got 100k out of the stock so decisions decisions

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am on my second mishi now. Core leak at the end tubes. Oem lasted 80k or so. The first mishi lasted 28k... and it was the updated version. Hopefully this one goes longer... going to replace my body mounts just for the hell if it. I cant see anything wrong with the oem mounts but i think they rot from the inside out.

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
i cant believe people still buy aftermarket rads....

sootie

Reaction score
I have yet to see an aftermarket rad outlast a stocker, on later model diesels. There are reasons why the factory uses plastic end caps...and it isnt entirely cost.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Makes sense, I'm probably going to throw another stocker in it and hope for another 100k its not leaking bad yet but I'm already tired of spotting up my shop floor, and I dont want to be replacing one every 30k or so either

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have yet to see an aftermarket rad outlast a stocker, on later model diesels. There are reasons why the factory uses plastic end caps...and it isnt entirely cost.
Yeah, wish i woulda just went back to oem after this one only lasted 28k.

Why didnt 7.3s with all aluminum rads not fail?

live life full throttle

RyanD

Reaction score
I did both of mine 6 months ago (both leaking from the same spot) - got both radiators and thermostat for just over $1000 from Sunrise. I drained overnight and it took me about 7 hours by myself, and that was with a ton of breaks. Would have gone much faster had I purged and removed the AC condenser. Not a terrible job by any means - just be careful when you pull them, they don't nearly drain empty.

Jonnylu

Reaction score
100k on my mishimoto primary!! Very happy! Would never put a stock one back in really!
77504a29e8a982ec28f8244a6f91626e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.