2011 Dropping Fuel Mileage

95cobby

Reaction score
My father has a 2011 6.7 and recently drove it from Ohio to Texas to visit. He was concerned that his fuel mileage was 2-3mpg from where it would normally be and that the truck was going into regen more often. Truck has around 120k miles on it and is all stock. I'm not sure what would all of a sudden cause a drop in mileage like that. Once he got here I changed out his fuel filters.. they seemed fine and it didn't make any difference on his drive back to Ohio.

Truck had the egr cooler replaced last year I believe and a few egt sensors. Would something like the deepeeF be causing this? I'll be driving up there in June so any suggestions you may have would be helpful. I obviously already told him to remove all the junk on it.

I was thinking of doing a forced regen and resetting it.. not sure if I can do that with ForScan yet.

Last edited:

DieselDC

Reaction score
Frequent regens. That will burn more fuel. It’s getting clogged.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

cmrizzo_79

Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread for same topic.... I just moved from AK to TX, towed a 25k trailer the entire way, got 5.5 avg, which I expected, but for the last 4k miles my mileage has been 10-11 with the occasional 12, in AK I was getting 13-15 with the occasional 17. Truck is bone stock with 70k on it, no codes, full synthetic and new fuel filters. 2015 DRW w/ 3.73. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online