LED Headlights and Fog Lights

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
So you guys who have bought these have no issues adjusting them to where the light is on the road and you dont get flashed? I want...but dont want a hassle or a cop magnet.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't like the look of the Rigid lights in the stock spot. I know a lot of people do but it just looks terrible to me.

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new DOT approved Rigid fogs (same form factor as a Dually). It seems that this may be an excellent option to keep oncoming traffic safe and to avoid unwanted attention from LEOs? http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

or the 6" DOT approved axillary Rigid?
http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/106612

Josh, do you have any word or kits featuring these new guys yet?

I have 5 sets being delivered to me on monday. Two sets are presold, and the remaining 3 are available. I can build you a fog light kit with these no problem. I am going to be putting them on my Ram too.

Email me if you want to get a set.
[email protected]

bartlettjw

Reaction score
Ha! Make that 3 presold, 2 remaining now. Thanks again Josh!

UNBROKEN:
I'm not crazy about the look as mentioned earlier, but I don't think that it looks horrible. I am trying to find better lighting for me that is safer than some other options to the oncoming traffic, this seems to be my only option outside of a retro so far... I've seen what HIDs do in these housings, I've personally tried LEDs and I am not willing to blind the oncoming traffic.

I have 5 sets being delivered to me on monday. Two sets are presold, and the remaining 3 are available. I can build you a fog light kit with these no problem. I am going to be putting them on my Ram too.

Email me if you want to get a set.
[email protected]

Reaction score
Ha! Make that 3 presold, 2 remaining now. Thanks again Josh!

UNBROKEN:
I'm not crazy about the look as mentioned earlier, but I don't think that it looks horrible. I am trying to find better lighting for me that is safer than some other options to the oncoming traffic, this seems to be my only option outside of a retro so far... I've seen what HIDs do in these housings, I've personally tried LEDs and I am not willing to blind the oncoming traffic.

Thanks for the quick sale!

These lights have amazing cut off and are going to be great for the street.

I personally love the looks of the rigids in stock locations. Its also especially nice because with my kit they are plug and play, so no permanent mods are needed to the vehicle. The performance is also very good. Before these DOT patterns, I have been using Hyperspots as my preferred pattern for the street. They are a nice options with a further distance of light projection but they are not as easy on the eyes as this new DOT offering from Rigid.

Reaction score
I wanted everyone to see the difference in the light patterns.

In these pictures you will see the DOT Approved lights. First picture is aimed at the road about 3 feet in front of the camera. Next picture is 20-25 Feet ahead of the camera, and the last picture is 75-100
E8BB7F2F-5F18-4EF4-ABAB-1858F72EE79F_zpsw3vhdff8.jpg

8BA4D437-2611-4146-AD22-762582557A79_zpsbetdksgn.jpg

73C739CB-B0F5-4649-97ED-74EDF2C379D1_zpszpqyiyx2.jpg

Same shots but this time of the D2 Hyperspot
30413B33-4A09-4B69-AA8E-C0338D22D133_zpsgd5dbmor.jpg

925DADA9-9610-49C4-8BF8-7B8328CFE057_zpsnykpwb5j.jpg

6DEB0B70-ED66-4A8A-AB33-5D5BEB943C97_zps0n33dczn.jpg

And finally the D2 Driving
C9FBB730-BBBB-4A38-B846-B26C7A441E36_zps3sv56zon.jpg

B71176FD-B876-4978-96C5-AB14CA9ADF1D_zpsppk5ekix.jpg

3C15E0F2-8838-4332-955B-933993F48E29_zpsy5ekmqx7.jpg

bartlettjw

Reaction score
Outstanding! I just ordered these DOT approved fogs from Josh on Friday and I am happy to say they were already installed last night. That is an amazing turn around for any vendor 900 miles from me and the best prices on Rigid stuff available!

Just as pictured, they have a really well defined cutoff. I also retract my previous statement, I am now crazy about the way they look in my truck. Much better looking than stock in my opinion.

I'd love to have a Raptor style mount to run a set of these with the low beam and some D2 driving lights or maybe hyperspots to run with the high beams. Does anyone know of any other mounts to add a second pair of duallys without replacing the grill or front license plate?

Reaction score
Outstanding! I just ordered these DOT approved fogs from Josh on Friday and I am happy to say they were already installed last night. That is an amazing turn around for any vendor 900 miles from me and the best prices on Rigid stuff available!

Just as pictured, they have a really well defined cutoff. I also retract my previous statement, I am now crazy about the way they look in my truck. Much better looking than stock in my opinion.

I'd love to have a Raptor style mount to run a set of these with the low beam and some D2 driving lights or maybe hyperspots to run with the high beams. Does anyone know of any other mounts to add a second pair of duallys without replacing the grill or front license plate?

I'm glad you got them so quick and are loving them already

I have a few things in the works for some new mounts.
I'm working on an option to make mounts for people who are forces to run front plates. The options I'm working on would be Dually on each side of plate, Dually XL on each side of plate, and possible a 4" or 6" E. series on either side of the plate.

These things are probably a month or more away but they are in the works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bartlettjw

Reaction score
Yup, love them. I need to do a little more adjusting yet, but they are sweet.

If you can make a bracket to hold an E 6" Combo, E2 4" Driving, or D2 Driving on each side of the license plate, I may not need that retrofit. I'll have to get your input when it gets closer to reality on which light you'd use for high beam/driving. If I just make the headlights color-match the Rigids, I'd probably be happy all said and done.

ftast350

Reaction score
I asked this in the aftermarket electronics section as well but will these LED lights as an H13 hi/low work with the factory DRL system?
I have a 15 and the old man has an 08 both require Ford to program the DRL system off which would actually be "illegal" in Canada. I would be able to fashion up the marker lights as DRLs but I prefer not to do any wiring on my 15.

ftast350

Reaction score
There's no reason they wouldn't. They plug into factory plugs so if the plug gets 12v they will turn on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing DRLs are reduced voltage on the high beam, this has caused HID bixenon magnets to burn out and cause the lights to flicker and shut off. I know LEDs are different.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Nice. Post pics.

WHY NOT

Reaction score

How do you plan on switching them on with the high beams just use an up fitter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Could tie the signal wire of the relay from the signal wire from the high beam together. I'd still have a switch in there so you can opt to turn it off on an up fitter or use the supplied rigid switch

Latest posts

Members online