96 7.3

Reaction score
Glad the MTL is working for you should buy you some time, how about the miss?
j

It still has a very slight miss that’s intermittent when warm. I haven’t had a chance to pull out the IPR. When it’s cold it runs perfect.

JCart

Reaction score
It still has a very slight miss that’s intermittent when warm. I haven’t had a chance to pull out the IPR. When it’s cold it runs perfect.

Sounds like it might be in need of an IPR o-ring rebuild kit. I think Riff Raff stocks them. Usually when you have a great cold start and no hot start it’s usually IRP o rings that need replacing. So this could be start of concern.
j

Reaction score
Sounds like it might be in need of an IPR o-ring rebuild kit. I think Riff Raff stocks them. Usually when you have a great cold start and no hot start it’s usually IRP o rings that need replacing. So this could be start of concern.
j

The thing is I’m not have any major hot start issue. It might take a second longer to start when warm but that’s it. As soon as the coolant temp gets past the “N” on the dummy gauge is when the miss starts.

JCart

Reaction score
So missing under load or at idle? And takes longer to start when at operating temp than cold? Make any difference when warm at idle if clutch is pushed in or left out, relating to engine miss. Would be handy if you had a code reader to check if it’s thrown any Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Just trying to get clearer understanding of symptoms....
j

Reaction score
So missing under load or at idle? And takes longer to start when at operating temp than cold? Make any difference when warm at idle if clutch is pushed in or left out, relating to engine miss. Would be handy if you had a code reader to check if it’s thrown any Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Just trying to get clearer understanding of symptoms....
j

The miss only happens when warm and under a load. As I earlier it happenes when the coolant temp reaches the “N”. The truck starts good when warm, it might take a second longer, but that’s it.

The truck has a separate issue where it has a vibration 2500 rpm and above. This happens at idle and while driving with the clutch engaged or not. I’ve narrowed this down to a clutch issue I believe.

I do have Ae, just need to throw it on there again.

JCart

Reaction score
For the vibration, I’d check to see if exhaust is touching anything it shouldn’t. Mine White Tan had a vibration in reverse backing up. Thought it was the DP hitting the cab, messed with it to clearance with a 2.5 ton duckbill stretched lotsa room. Nope didn’t do it. Would only do it intermittently..... So just finished up installing B&W turnover ball GN hitch and retro-fitted air bags, low and behold the exhaust over the rear diff would just touch in reverse on the rear tank guard. Lesson learned for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.