Pats issue need help

dohcter

Reaction score
Hey guys could use some help...its not a powerstroke but an 08 v10 f450 xl 6spd man.i updated the pcm with an ids, everything went fine.. But no crank.. Jump it out under the hood and starts up fine. Datalog shows that the starter relay is disabled...
Its an xl truck so it doesn't have a chip key.. Is there a different way to program after parameter reset?

I've tried programmable module install on both pcm and cluster, along with pats parameter reset..

I did get a P144c code to show up once, cleared and hasn't been back since

Any help on this is appreciated

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

dohcter

Reaction score
It shows fine on the ids... You can watch the pids switch as you push the clutch in..
Truck was fine before the pcm update

dohcter

Reaction score
I did try that. Is there a diffent procedure afterwords? I can't really see there being a need for 2 keys as the cluster won't see them.

Side note. I did try and reset cluster with ad build data.. Still no change

stroker_1999

Reaction score
I did try that. Is there a diffent procedure afterwords? I can't really see there being a need for 2 keys as the cluster won't see them.

Side note. I did try and reset cluster with ad build data.. Still no change

Those don't have chipped keys something else isn't allowing it to start is there's a theft light blinking

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Do a network test to make sure all the modules are talking to each other through the canbus network

dohcter

Reaction score
Those don't have chipped keys something else isn't allowing it to start is there's a theft light blinking
Correct.. That's why it's kicking my butt.. No theft light blinking..it cycles all that was changed was the pcm software update via ids...

When you datalog pats. It always shows starter relay disable...and with the error code that I got makes me think it's a pats issue..

dohcter

Reaction score
I'll try a network test when I get in on Monday..

Well when you datalog the clutch switch. You can watch it switch the 2 different positions it changes. That's why I don't think it's the clutch switch.

dohcter

Reaction score
Ya Im baffled.. Thanks for the help... Im going to see if can find the flowchart for the P144c code...
My gut says it's a cluster issue from a jump start at some point in its life.
I also tried to just do away with pats with hp tuners... But they don't have the definition for this strategy yet..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.