"Runt" Build

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Finally getting far enough to start a build thread I believe. Let me start by saying that I should have payed off my mortgage instead of building this truck but what the hll. I have done everything myself up until the engine swap that is going on right now, knowing that I would forget where all the wires and lines went to. I bought the truck stock with 39000 miles or so. I am at 55000 now.

So here we go. I will get pictures up soon.

Motor:
I bought from a member here as a fresh longblock. Basically, I am just using the short block, since my truck is a low mileage southern truck and has very minimal rust or corrosion on any of the aluminum.

.020 over HD delipped and coated w/ flycuts
Midwest heads- new valves, HD chromoly retainers, springs, and pushrods
Midwest cam
No Limit Extreme Studs
Ported fuel rails
New oil pump
Billet waterpump from Bulletproof
New oil cooler
Used 60% injectors I got from a member here.
Midwest dual fueler. I am putting my current pump back in the valley of the new motor and taking that pump and hanging it up front.
No limit intake and cold side pipe
Alradco intercooler
Alradco radiator
Side action fuel bowl ******
Fuelab lpfp from SAD
Sxe369 single kit from midwest
Ported intake manifold from RCD
Stainless coolant lines from RCD
Elite uppipes I got from a member
6.0 exhaust manifolds coated
Tial Wastegate
5" flo pro with 6" axle dump. Thought it was different but realized everyone has it now. I have an idea though!
Valve covers, dual fueler pulley, and oil filter housing powdered shocker yellow. Basically green.

Transmission:
Zf6
Sbdd 3650
Midwest transmission short throw
Custom driveshaft

Suspension:
PMF 9" coilover lift w/ long arm 4 link
King shocks anodized black
Custom sway bar
Custom trackbar because I can build one for way less than $800
Powdered dark gray
Fuel rampage 20x12 gray centers
38x15.50 toyo mt's
Stock 3:73 gears for now. Planning on 4:11s with a locker in the rear
Warn lockout hubs
G2 diff covers

Exterior:
LED headlights from the diesel cartel
eBay switchbacks
LED lights in mirrors, headlight reflectors, cab lights, and reverse lights.
Smoked brake lights. I don't like the look of the recons
Headlights off eBay. $112 and they have been great. Ordered some painted ones 18 months ago and still haven't received those. They know who they are.
Painted fender vents and mirror caps.
CTS emblems in grey and silver
ADD venom front bumper on the way. Gonna get painted to match the dark grey
Rigid DOT fogs
Rigid flush mount reverse lights
Rigid 20" for front bumper
12" high strip of 3M clear guard down rockers
Bakflip g2 bedcover
Bedrug. The dogs don't slide around
OUO 11.5" drop receiver

I will keep adding as I go. I don't have any plans to pull a sled but might run it down the strip twice a year. On tune, intake, exhaust, stock height and stock clutch slipping, I went 14.4 at zmax. See what it does in October this year.

Thanks to all the vendors and members that have gotten me what I need:thumbup:

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I have a friend with a 6.4 dually with ~350,000 miles in desperate need of a motor. Probably going to sell it to him.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ditch the Alradco stuff if you can. Radiators are junk.

Stay with a stock Radiator if you can, most of the time they last well. If you really want aftermarket, Get a mishimoto V2 radiator. For an I/C, Alradco' s seem to last ok, I've never seen one blow apart but every one I've seen the seam welds are piss poor.

I'd get a precision turbo I/C or a spearco personally.

porting the heads isn't a bad idea either if the midwest heads aren't being ported already

With the build list you have, you're so deep into it you might as well put a set of R&R rods or carillo's in there, you might as well go the whole length to make sure you never have problems.

I know some people will say I'm wrong and you don't have to do this stuff which you probably don't with 60's and a s369 but for a longevity stand point and if i had to do mine over again, I'd have just finished out the whole motor with every good option i could. I didn't do billet cut rods or ported heads and i wish i had now...just my .02 cents for what its worth

Last edited:

BOSS450

Reaction score
The motors together. He's just swapping it. And he already has the radiator and inter cooler installed on the truck. So let it ride.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked at it yesterday when I dropped off a part at a fab shop. It's a good looking truck for sure.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Ya the motor is already assembled. I would have liked to do rods but the price was right. If I decide to throw another turbo at it, might tear back into it then. Does everyone posting fullsize pictures here use photobucket?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
"Runt" Build

I post everything from my phone here.. Tapatalk has its own image hosting so you can post directly from the app.

Nice looking built btw, lol.

alwaysdiesel

Reaction score
How is it to drive with the ZF6? My ZF5 with a dual disk is miserable to drive and having to spool the turbo after each shift isn't fun. Just curious, as most guys go auto at this point.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I don't mind it. I had a raptor before and loved everything about it except the auto. I have been driving this truck with stock gears, stock turbos, stock fuel, and 38's. It's Got a pretty good lag between shifts daily driving but I can hustle shifts and it doesn't bog down. Might be worse with the single now. Only reason I didn't get a 6.7 was the lack of a manual.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
EC3FCBA9-E6FF-4578-8335-D6A722D12566_zpsdztajkzv.jpg
"]http://
EC3FCBA9-E6FF-4578-8335-D6A722D12566_zpsdztajkzv.jpg
[/URL]

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
36CA2C77-9459-4D94-95AB-19A4BDC8A3FA_zpssrgfxy8i.jpg
Couple of pictures I have gotten to photobucket. Still need to figure out how to add multiple to one post. Everytime I leace the page to go copy my photobucket url, I come back to my last image being gone. I need to try on my computer I guess.

Latest posts

Members online