Fuel additives for cleaning and overall upkeep?

188slo50

Reaction score
I've read everything from a quart of ATF, can of sea foam,bg44k, to 2bottles of 2 stroke mix:shrug: I don't drive my truck daily and don't know it's history but would like to run something through it to make sure it's running at its best. What's everyone prefer that isn't a special order/vendor purchase? I use to use Seafoam in my 7.3 once a yr and it worked great but don't know how well or what works best in the 6.0.

kcpanages

Reaction score
16 oz Power Service (Diesel Kleen) gray bottle, and 16oz bottle of Walmart brand TC-W3 two stroke outboard oil.... I run it in my 6.4..... every tank
4df7b3c92eb470086c06384cb2d6bd8b.jpg
64fe9875af10db5923ac2e7b35b8b9ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
I use LE full torque every tank in all my diesel trucks. Delivered right to my door and get a bill in the mail. Before I used LE, I bought stanadyne by the case at my local napa and used it in every tank. I picked up mpg's with both and the trucks seem to idle smoother, start easier, and smoke less. Trucks are 7.3 and 6.7s.

188slo50

Reaction score
I use LE full torque every tank in all my diesel trucks. Delivered right to my door and get a bill in the mail. Before I used LE, I bought stanadyne by the case at my local napa and used it in every tank. I picked up mpg's with both and the trucks seem to idle smoother, start easier, and smoke less. Trucks are 7.3 and 6.7s.

Is that the stanadyne performance formula in the transparent bottle? Trying to stick with stuff I can buy local so this would work

I'm using diesel kleen now but no 2 stroke oil so I may add that since I just filled up.

Black AOD

Reaction score

Exactly what I do right here. ^^^^

ncollins64

Reaction score
Is that the stanadyne performance formula in the transparent bottle? Trying to stick with stuff I can buy local so this would work

I'm using diesel kleen now but no 2 stroke oil so I may add that since I just filled up.
Yes I did use the stanadyne performance formula.

My09Ride

Reaction score
Don't know whether is better or not. I have been very happy using Power Service Diesel Kleen since I bought the truck new in 09. I only have 68K miles on it, but have never had a problem. Every fill-up. It aint cheap, but works for me. I will admit I am looking at LE. Just need to do a little comparisons.

bismic

Reaction score
IMO if you are getting good fuel in your area, the additives will not help a great deal.

We do tend to have low cetane values in the U.S., but I have yet to see any measurable or quantifiable proof that these additives help me. I have yet to see any significant water in the fuel I have purchased (12,411.472 gallons over the trucks life) and my fuel economy stays relatively the same (with or without the additive). I see very little change in the presence or absence of smoke in the exhaust or carbon on the EGR valve with or without fuel additives .... assuming constant driving conditions and driving style. I have 194k miles on the truck. Turbo and injectors are original. I am fairly heavily tuned and have a tuned FICM.

I hand calculate my fuel economy on every tank, I chart it, I get the statistical average and standard deviation on the data. Driving style, towing or not, tire pressure, and wind speeds of 15 mph and over are far more important to the fuel economy then most anything else (except a dragging brake first identified by reduced fuel economy and then by IR temperature scan of the rotors).

Last edited:

kcpanages

Reaction score

I've been doing diesel Kleen and Walmart brand TC-W3 since 2007 between two different trucks...... NEVER had a injector or fueling issue

ckrueg

Reaction score
I run LE full torque and picked up some mpg and the truck runs perfect. I would use that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

188slo50

Reaction score
I run LE full torque and picked up some mpg and the truck runs perfect. I would use that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just checked it out but what size bottle to do a tank, 15oz or 1 qt?

Jomax

Reaction score
I bought a case of LE, but ran out with the amount of driving I do. It helps for sure, but for me personally, I didn't gain MPG. If anyone is looking to gain MPg from an additive I'd look somewhere else. The additive for me gave peace of mind that I'm doing everything I can to have good fuel. I need to buy another case.

Jomax

Reaction score
I bought a case of LE, but ran out with the amount of driving I do. It helps for sure, but for me personally, I didn't gain MPG. If anyone is looking to gain MPg from an additive I'd look somewhere else. The additive for me gave peace of mind that I'm doing everything I can to have good fuel. I need to buy another case.

I guess I should've worded it better. People should look at something else other then an Additive, I didn't imply to look at another additive then LE for MPG gain.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have ran lots of additives over the years and i will only run LE full torque now.. i picked up 1 to 1.5 mpg over everything else i tried in my 6.7..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

188slo50

Reaction score
Not worried about Mpg as I got a Honda for that, mainly want to know I'm doing all I can to help the engine run its best and keep running.

kcpanages

Reaction score

Spot on!

Latest posts

Members online