2008 f450 4wd conversion

stroker_1999

Reaction score
I did a 4wd conversion on a customers 2008 f450 everything works it's a manual floor shift 4wd.I can't get the 4wd indicators to work on dash I switched the transmission harness for the 4wd harness.If I use my IDS I can go in and do a cluster test and make the lights turn on high and low for 4wd but they won't work when you move shifter.I believe the cluster has to be programmed so it knows it has 4wd the IDS only programs to vin # on truck so I don't know if I need to take the cluster and stick it in a 4wd truck that has floor shift and program it to that vin #.To make the 4wd light work or if I can send the cluster out to be programmed for 4wd.

I even ohmd out the wires to switch on transfer case for 4wd switch to cluster plug it all works so I think it's in the programming I even tried another cluster from a buddy the 4wd lights worked.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
It is programming. You can change the code with FORScan

sootie

Reaction score
I have reprogrammed for cluster swaps. I have not done exactly what you are referring to but know that cluster programming is what is stopping you

stroker_1999

Reaction score
I'm going to get that do you pay for the license and download the software I just need a pass through off Amazon.

sootie

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the payment bit. I use a Windows laptop and a Bluetooth obd adapter. Software was free for me, and you generate a n extended license on their website

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the payment bit. I use a Windows laptop and a Bluetooth obd adapter. Software was free for me, and you generate a n extended license on their website
I think you can still get a free 2 month license. Or pay 50 for a lifetime license like i just did last week.

live life full throttle

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Downloaded software ordered the interface off Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfi...n&qid=1554694943&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I looked up the module built data or as built on ford website I found the same truck I have but 4wd manual floor shift and saved codes for the cluster so I'm going to enter the codes for the 4wd truck.I looked at several different trucks f-450 and f-550 with manual 4wd they all had the same coding for the cluster so hopefully it will work.I then looked up other trucks f-250 f-350 with manual floor shift the coding was different so I'm guessing the f-450 f-550 with manual floor shift 4wd shares the same coding for the cluster.

Last edited:

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Got the lights to work changed thr coding in cluster had to buy the license to access cluster.Lights now work thanks for the info for the software.

stroker_1999

Reaction score
good to hear!

Thanks again pretty cool software I used my IDS pass through device

IMG-0471.jpg

Latest posts

Members online