Trans tune question

Magicman129

Reaction score
So I have pretty much had everything addressed in reference to my thread a couple months back was able to get the latest tcm file, the constant 2-3 flare under load and shutter is gone.

The only thing going on now is a couple times I jumped in the truck and didn't let it warm up for 10 or 15 minutes it will run the 2-3 shift out too far almost like where you think you need to let off to get it to shift. Again this is very light throttle and really only the first time thru the gears. Is this something I should be concerned about? I know I should let it warm up, usually I dont go till the trans is 100 degrees.

I would love it to not do anything weird ever, but I guess I may be asking too much. If someone has a great tcm tune and they want to PM me where it came from that would be great. Thanks

alexander.leeiii

Reaction score
I did 2 things that made my transmission a champ first thing put up graded solenoids to flow for fluid and I turned up the shift pressure just a few percent on my SCT tuner no more shift flair at all, also added a bigger trans pan and upgraded filter, check the fluid make sure there is enough and also make sure it's not dirty either, highly recommend the upgraded solenoids though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mwmx54

Reaction score
Whose solenoids did you use? I’ve only ever seen the one from BD. And do you know if tuning is required for the solenoids? I too have some slow/mushy 2-3 shifts under load.

sootie

Reaction score
I did 2 things that made my transmission a champ first thing put up graded solenoids to flow for fluid and I turned up the shift pressure just a few percent on my SCT tuner no more shift flair at all, also added a bigger trans pan and upgraded filter, check the fluid make sure there is enough and also make sure it's not dirty either, highly recommend the upgraded solenoids though....

UMMM what year is your truck? what model transmission?

Mwmx54

Reaction score
UMMM what year is your truck? what model transmission?

My truck is a bone stock 2017 CCLB with 3:31’s, there is a weird pause going from 2-3, then it hits 4th pretty quick, I think that’s about when the T/C locks up too.
I wish I could D lete and tune, and I bought the truck with plans to, literally a week after I bought it, I found out the county I’m in (Utah county) passed a bill to start diesel emissions inspections. I still may go for it though and just put it back to stock each year. Maybe running some trans tunes stock would help. I don’t mind keeping the *** and egr, but I don’t want to pay to replace any of that crap when it inevitably takes a dump on me.

sootie

Reaction score
My truck is a bone stock 2017 CCLB with 3:31’s, there is a weird pause going from 2-3, then it hits 4th pretty quick, I think that’s about when the T/C locks up too.
I wish I could D lete and tune, and I bought the truck with plans to, literally a week after I bought it, I found out the county I’m in (Utah county) passed a bill to start diesel emissions inspections. I still may go for it though and just put it back to stock each year. Maybe running some trans tunes stock would help. I don’t mind keeping the *** and egr, but I don’t want to pay to replace any of that crap when it inevitably takes a dump on me.

I wasn't asking you, I was calling out misinformation from the other guy

brown1

Reaction score
Does changing shift pressure change the reliability of the trans? I assume the stock ones are designed for the smoothest shifting for feel?

sootie

Reaction score
Does changing shift pressure change the reliability of the trans? I assume the stock ones are designed for the smoothest shifting for feel?

raising it improves reliability when power is added but you will feel the shift more in the truck.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Sootie,
I hope similar options are developed for the new 10-speed so that it can become less of a worry to the masses...

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Does changing shift pressure change the reliability of the trans?
If you raise the pressure too much on the wrong shift you'll break hard parts, not make the trans more reliable.

I assume the stock ones are designed for the smoothest shifting for feel?
No, it was designed to be reliable without having harsh shifts.

sootie

Reaction score
If you raise the pressure too much on the wrong shift you'll break hard parts, not make the trans more reliable.

No, it was designed to be reliable without having harsh shifts.

At the stock power level...

Latest posts

Members online