Midwest Turbo Upgrade

COF350

Reaction score
So I have a 18 350 DRW with all the necessary d$letes. With 4.10 gears and 20x8.25 wheels and 275/65r20 tires. Not really thrilled with how it runs with stock turbo, even on Extreme tune setting. Curious how guys are liking the new Midwest turbos, was looking at the 64 and 66 drop in turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COF350

Reaction score
Stock turbo gutless until 23-2400 RPM. This post is really more for guys who have experience with the Midwest turbos, not guys questioning why in the world I’d want one

Zeb

Reaction score
Stock turbo gutless until 23-2400 RPM. This post is really more for guys who have experience with the Midwest turbos, not guys questioning why in the world I’d want one

If the stock turbo is gutless until 23-2,400 rpm, something else is wrong.

That said, we’ve installed several Midwest Sreetmax (64.7mm) turbos. Good turbos, but they won’t spool faster than a stock one.

Black AOD

Reaction score

You 100% have a mechanical or tuning issue present. That isn't right, at all.

If it's gutless at that RPM range, a turbo upgrade isn't what you should be thinking about right now. You need to fix the present problem first.

COF350

Reaction score
Midwest’s new turbo line is the MP line, no such thing as a streetmax turbo anymore. I take it no one has experience with the new turbo line. Turbo maybe lights a little sooner than 2300, but with the weight and 35s it seems like it runs out of air when rolling into the throttle. I’ll look elsewhere for some real world experience with the new turbo line on the new model trucks.

sootie

Reaction score
Midwest’s new turbo line is the MP line, no such thing as a streetmax turbo anymore. I take it no one has experience with the new turbo line. Turbo maybe lights a little sooner than 2300, but with the weight and 35s it seems like it runs out of air when rolling into the throttle. I’ll look elsewhere for some real world experience with the new turbo line on the new model trucks.

your attitude needs a mechanic about as much as your truck does.

Dont let the door hit ya....

Black AOD

Reaction score

Ok, just ignore what everybody is trying to tell you, that's a good idea. Good luck OP

needen$77

Reaction score
Im having the same issue with my 97 7.3. Let me know if that will bring it alive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Dude. You have a serious issue with your truck. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of guys on here that have the same setup as you. 2015 6.7s till now are all the same turbo. I run 35s on my 15 and it will spin the tires before the turbo even lights just roling into the throttle from a stop.

The guys that are saying you have a problem that you are basically blowing off all do work on these trucks. Not just their own. Id take their advice..

live life full throttle

Black AOD

Reaction score
Dude. You have a serious issue with your truck. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of guys on here that have the same setup as you. 2015 6.7s till now are all the same turbo. I run 35s on my 15 and it will spin the tires before the turbo even lights just roling into the throttle from a stop.

The guys that are saying you have a problem that you are basically blowing off all do work on these trucks. Not just their own. Id take their advice..

live life full throttle

Exactly, Thank you LL.

I'm trying to help this guy, if he has this issue on a stock turbo, spending thousands on a MW upgraded VGT to only likely have the same problem again will likely make things worse before they get better. Trying to help here is all.

sootie

Reaction score
Exactly, Thank you LL.

I'm trying to help this guy, if he has this issue on a stock turbo, spending thousands on a MW upgraded VGT to only likely have the same problem again will likely make things worse before they get better. Trying to help here is all.

And i've never seen a 6.7 before nevermind driven or modded one LOL

Latest posts

Members online