Rough idle and lite smoke when given throttle

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Just got my 05 back together from doing studs. Fired it up and it ran rough at first which is to be expected until all the air was out of the fuel lines. Smoked white for a bit until everything was out of the cylinders. After about 45 minutes of running the smoked stopped. Took it for a drive and under throttle it came back also had a few backfires. Still runs very rough almost like a miss. Haven't tested the FICM but I'm leaning towards that being my issue. The truck has had a few low voltage conditions in the last couple weeks. Runs ok when accelerating but when I hit cruising speed the shake and miss comes back. Prior to the studs truck ran fine did studs just to get it out of the way also changed oil cooler has EGR ****** and blue spring.Any ideas

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Almost sounds like you bent a pushrod with it sounding like its back firing. Guessing that is a popping sound out of either the intake or exhaust?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I agree with the pushrod. I had one throw a pushrod on me too, was also cylinder number 1 and caused a misfire.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Just ran the truck and pulled the cylinder #1 plug from the harness with it running and got to change in sound I'm thinking the injector is bad

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
But why the codes ?
P0263 is a standard misfire code. You can get that from a bad injector, dead hole, ficm issue, or wiring issue. All it us saying is cylinder1 is misfiring. The 2284 code can set from all sorts of issues, it could have set from cranking it after doing the work. Could also have issues with the icp sensor or pigtail though as well.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Just ran the truck and pulled the cylinder #1 plug from the harness with it running and got to change in sound I'm thinking the injector is bad
This actually indicates the injector is working. If it wasnt firing, then the motor would sound the same with it unplugged.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying with the motor running I can unplug the injector and there is no change. I can plug and unplug all day and nothing different happens

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Just changed the injector and looked at all the pushrods on that side everything looked good. After changing the injector same thing no change

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Just changed the injector and looked at all the pushrods on that side everything looked good. After changing the injector same thing no change
Did you turn the motor over to make sure that all the push rods were moving the same amount?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Figured it out had a cracked valve bridge that bent and one exhaust valve was staying open alittle bit. Replaced and runs like a top now. Found it while I was investigating pushrods

Latest posts