OUO Steady Track/Carli 2.5” level

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Finally got my suspension done, something I’ve been wanting for a while OUO Steady Track 2.5” kit with radius arm drops and ALAs, Fox ATS, traction bars were previously installed, also added Carli coils and their pintop shocks. The steady track relocates the stabilizer in order to reduce the bump steer as most call it. My truck had pretty strong bump steer/lateral feedback in the wheel. So much so that I didn’t think it drove any better than my 6.0 with 170k mi honestly. With the steady track installed the difference has been night and day! I hated driving through Houston, all the bumps/potholes would have the truck all over the road, even experienced a little death wobble(having experienced fairly aggressive death wobble in a 450 at 90mph, most death wobble has been mild imo) a couple times.

Carli products imo ride pretty much stock over the average road, but when you start taking larger bumps with a little speed the difference is significant. Railroad tracks that I’d coast over at 40 are now comfortable at 60 without lifting. The shock package definitely isn’t for everyone, as it’s geared towards more offroad use than the average guy will see.

Truck is a 19 with 25k now. 295/65R20 Toyo MTs, no rub, no spacers. Factory rear aside from traction bars from OUO.

(Paint match is a work in progress)

ea4d7b6ef56aa5bf7ad2f8b6a859610b.jpg

f4ec6ad25bf034c087e708aa1c2ba807.jpg

c786ecaaaf1f8851103c2186d2bfdbe5.jpg

af7744615a0a896fef4a2c9a9a13ec19.jpg

6e796be14b9c39a1bbaaf84257a08bf7.jpg

ea9b607bd1930a4f28ebf27debfec4fe.jpg

3da51a6a9d118be2ea0ae2f7f54f7c03.jpg

I hope these aren’t as grainy as they look…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Hell yeah.

My truck has a similar setup except I lowered my truck so I'm about a 1-1/4" - 1-1/2" drop in the front and a 4" drop in the rear now. I have King 2.5 resi shocks, OUO ALA's, OUO long gusset traction bars, the OUO steady track FOX ATS steering stabilizer, and I just did a PMF steering linkage kit (I wish OUO made one) including an adjustable track bar for my lowered setup. I added a hellwig rear sway bar too since my truck didn't come with an OEM rear sway bar. The truck drives like a freaking dream.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Awesome setup for sure!!

Why use the arm drops with the ALAs?? Is the adjustable trac bar OUO as well???

The arms without the drops are not parallel to the ground and they ride/handle better if parallel. If they’re positively(?) angled then the axle will move forward on its travel upwards.

Everything is OUO except the coils, shocks and fox ATS

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The arms without the drops are not parallel to the ground and they ride/handle better if parallel. If they’re positively(?) angled then the axle will move forward on its travel upwards.

Everything is OUO except the coils, shocks and fox ATS

I get it....Thanks for the info. I knew when viewed from the side the suspension traveled in an arc of sorts.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Great looking setup!

Would you recommend the Fox stabilizer kit over the Carli or is it just your preference in that they are essentially the same and Fox is just what you chose to go with? I am on the fence between that and the Carli stabilizer setup...

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Great looking setup!

Would you recommend the Fox stabilizer kit over the Carli or is it just your preference in that they are essentially the same and Fox is just what you chose to go with? I am on the fence between that and the Carli stabilizer setup...

The OUO setup requires a specific stabilizer, so it was easiest to get it straight from them.

If you notice, they move where the stabilizer mounts

ToddP

Reaction score
Nice setup.

I have a full carli kit on my truck and love it. I was going back and forth between track bars, deavers or carli add-a-packs. I went with the add-a-packs and it’s a game changer. Way smoother on the back end and no where hop.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
At some point I’ll add bags and the full leaf pack. Was hesitant to do the full pack since it would require bags but it needs bags regardless apparently…

40a9ee19261876dffe40ea36444f9559.jpg

d14ec936dbf62ff64c48a4de0d83e463.jpg

Can kinda see the suspension parts here a little bit

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
7385e35de943fd51c19e0e1e2af87110.jpg

Put 37x12.5 toyo M/Ts on, rubs the sway bar turning right at full lock, if you really try. Overall pretty happy

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Putting a pulse back on this one to ask how you’re liking that Steady Track setup…

At first I was just going to do a Kelderman Dual Steering Fox 2.0 kit, OUO ALA/3-links, carli leveling coils, King 2.5, carli track bar, and a carli Torsion sway bar with stainless end links.

But you and BlackAOD have obviously changed my plans a little…

If I were to go with a Steady Track kit, would I still be able to run the Carli Torsion Sway Bar? It seems like the focal point of this kit is moving that stabilizer and I have to admit that I am quite skeptical about the whole concept. FWIW, I like the Fox TS if I were to run a single stabilizer. The ATS is overpriced and I don’t need 400 settings on my stabilizer. I really just want to have the front dialed in so I could be done with it.

Thanks in advance for your time helping me learn and plan out these mods. It’s a sickness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online