6.0 Oil Cooler Delete Plates

Zmann

Reaction score
Id imagine the same way the bpd kit does. Mounts the same but doesn't get hot sitting. The big air to oil cooler takes care of that.

not sure what your implying in your BPD mounting comparison ?

the BPD mounts in a different location and requires the removal of the condenser coils ( major downside IMHO) thats why I like this setup so far

an air to oil cooler is not very efficient without the air part actually moving

just like a coolant to oil cooler if the water pump was removed
so what I am wondering is about the actual airflow when stationary

strokin6L

Reaction score
The BPD kit doesn't require the removal of the condenser coils. Last i knew...there's two mounting options for the cooler. Either behind the front bumper or behind the A/C condenser

Last edited:

Jarrod B

Reaction score
I did a bpd oil cooler delete on my sisters ex and it was a pita. But it worked.

I'm wanting to know how this mounts and cost.

It should get it's air flow cause the fan is still spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
The BPD kit doesn't require the removal of the condenser coils. Last i knew...there's two mounting options for the cooler. Either behind the front bumper or behind the A/C condenser

check again
it's 1 option for mounting and it requires the condenser out
or you can get creative but it's not recommended because you may puncture the condenser with the tapping screws

also if u have the wrong style PS cooler you have to replace it

IDK why the BPD inside the bumper original version is gone but I bet it's cause of air flow from the fan same reason I think it's not in front of the condenser now

Jarrod as you know OEM is a puller fan it's going to pull the most air from the path of least resistance so up high and last in line is what I see from this unit
not saying that may not be fine but they will need to test it and I am sure they will

Last edited:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
check again
or you can get creative but it's not recommended because you may puncture the condenser with the tapping screws

I agree that it sucks on late 06-07 models having to go to a earlier power steering cooler, but it is what it is. But when mounting the cooler to a OEM condenser there are usually several holes available to put the supplied tapping screws into. It is fairly easy to look on the side of the condenser and see which of those holes will lead to a tapping screw puncturing the condenser.

I don't get what you mean when you say "or you can get creative but it's not recommended because you may puncture the condenser with the tapping screws", because that is what the instructions call for you to do, mount it to the condenser :confused:.

strokin6L

Reaction score
check again

IDK why the BPD inside the bumper original version is gone but I bet it's cause of air flow from the fan same reason I think it's not in front of the condenser now

Jarrod as you know OEM is a puller fan it's going to pull the most air from the path of least resistance so up high and last in line is what I see from this unit
not saying that may not be fine but they will need to test it and I am sure they will
They musta changed their kit around then...cause they did have two mounting options.

Zmann

Reaction score
/
I don't get what you mean when you say "or you can get creative but it's not recommended because you may puncture the condenser with the tapping screws", because that is what the instructions call for you to do, mount it to the condenser :confused:.
they have a way to do it without removing the condenser all the way
but then your limited on seeing the clearance when yo do the self tapers so you have to be careful

and the reason they don't have this method in the directions is that it's not recommended

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No updates, too much to do, not enough time. We are currently sold out of these plates, and have 2 6.4 ones left. Making a run sometime soon.

ford rules

Reaction score
Ever get any more done on this setup? wondering where you guys mounted the oil filter?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
we have plates in stock and more running of the CNC tomorrow. No updates on a kit, other than we arent doing one at this time. Not enough hours in the day, were trying to get the hot products out for the demand we have.

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
No, they are still on hold for now.. We are running off the 6.4 turbo kits...We still have the oil cooler plates & fittings in stock.

jcordova904

Reaction score
Info?

Here is our Filter for the 6.0 and 6.4 kits... E Series 6.0L Filter housing. We are in the process of machining the custom Plates for the In/Out of the filter head, ORB fittings made from billet so it will be easy for the end user to create their own setups. The plates will also work for the van oil head on the oil cooler, so you will also be able to use the OEM oil cooler and relocate the oil filter and still use the fuel bowl by using the van parts... stay tuned.

w63w.jpg

Can please get some info on doing this on my 6.0

Latest posts

Members online