Cant maintain rail, needs fuel mods, turbo surge. HELP

haubenero

Reaction score
goal for my truck is 700hp-750hp mark... but this is what's done to it so far and my issue I'm having.

I have done a lot to my truck so far, stage 2 KDD engine long block, all new intercooler piping, CAI, and a s366sxe single turbo kit from MPD.

I have custom tunes from MATT @ ******** and hes done an amazing job. But I cant push the truck to its full potential. I can run my street tune, floor it, and it holds rail pressure @24.5k MOST of the time. Now in performance, no chance. It will spike to 26k, then drop to 21ksi and stay there @WOT. so it feels like my street tune actually pulls harder than performance.

So the question I'm asking is what do I need to do to maintain rail pressure on my race tune?

matt suggested a stroker pump? (not sure what that is)

and he also suggested going duel fuelers.... i don't know what route to take or what i need to get done to be able to push this s366sxe to the max...

it also doesnt smoke at all on any tune level when WOT with this single(mainly cause of matts amazing tuning),,,, so I'm in the market to push bigger fuel mods into this truck. im just ignorant to the fueling side of things on these trucks. this is my first diesel.

any help is much appreciated! want to go the right route to get to my goal, cheapest would be best but money isn't a huge concern.

small issue im having is, when i go to make a pull sometimes in performance tune, the truck wll start to rattle a little in the front, cut boost and ill hear the turbo make a loud air whooshing noise, then start puffing white smoke out the exhaust for a 1/4 mile. then be completely fine. Guessing its cause i have a bad oil drain for my s366? its leaking a bit.

again any help on any of these concerns will be appreciated!

sootie

Reaction score
Do dual fuelers. Then you can ask for whatever pulsewidth you want in your tune. With stock nozzles, a 366 and dual fuelers, you can hit your hp goal. If you want to upgrade your nozzles to 60% over stock, then you can have a more precise injection event with lower pulsewidth. This can make more, cooler, cleaner power.

haubenero

Reaction score
ok awesome. ill do a lift pump first, see what that does. then do the big upgrade to dual fuelers to put down big numbers. thanks man

haubenero

Reaction score
how can i monitor PW on the mini maxx? and its my stock HPFP as i know of. bought the truck @262k now have 299k. havent touched any fuel on this truck.

Latest posts

Members online