Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 03-16-2020, 08:58 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Here in Oregon schools are closed haven’t heard about bars and diners yet. Crazy people and there toilet paper
Old 03-16-2020, 09:51 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Yep. Oregon bars and diners only drive thru now thanks to Nate Brown. Stupidity is very normal now. Working the guys as long as the customers have work for us. Then we will see what happens. I could use a little time away, but work helps keep my mind off the crazy people. Full freezers with 6 beef on the hoof. Will butcher if needed, a few hundred gallons of diesel in the tanks. Gonna get worse before it gets better, I reckon.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:24 AM
General
Member's Gallery

I think my guys at work had it back in November/December. Shortness of breath, tired, headaches, little bit of fever but not really flu like and no one seemed to know what it was. And it seemed like it lasted forever, well over a week for sure. People were getting checked for the flu and it wasnt the flu, but they didnít know what to check for at the time until they tested for it on someone in China. Im not one of the conspiracy theorists but thereís something going on here thatís being hidden from the general public as there usually is when the media pushes on a topic so hard. It really doesnít make sense for there to be this much panic over something that could be handled with a bit of common sense, meaning you feel like youíre getting sick you stay you azz at home, go to a doctor and see whatís going on with you, then get you azz back home. The mass hysteria of this is making every day life impossible for people who canít just drop everything and run to the store in the middle of the day to stock up on supplies. Personally I donít rely on stores for everything to keep myself alive and comfortable but they sure do make it easier.
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015
Old 03-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I work in a water treatment plant in NM and all admin was asked to go home. Operators and maintenance are essential to producing water for our town so we have to work. Local grocery stores are somewhat empty at least on the important stuff like beans, rice and flour ect... All restaurants and bars are still serving but must only occupy 50% of capacity. Also no one is allowed to sit at the bar. At this time there are only 21 confirmed cases in NM so it hasn't hit us as hard as other states.

I promise my family wont starve as I have a honey hole and with or without the governments consent Ill bag something to feed us.

Stay safe my friends!

Last edited by blacksmoke.r.us; 03-17-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:42 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

If Iím getting quarantined, Iím gonna be busy

Old 03-21-2020, 08:31 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Gonna make a PVC jail cell?
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, S471, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Stock pump, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:41 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Haha. Periscope breathing tubes. Gonna sell them on Amazon and make millions. Use an elastic band to keep it on your head so you can stay hands free and maintain 6’ of airspace clearance.

I had planned on putting in an irrigation system around the house. Little bit at a time is better than sitting on my ass watching TV, if I’m stuck at home. I have most everything but the heads and wire now.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:09 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Make sure you put a drain in somewhere. Unless you never get freezing weather.
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, S471, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Stock pump, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsberman94 View Post
I think my guys at work had it back in November/December. Shortness of breath, tired, headaches, little bit of fever but not really flu like and no one seemed to know what it was. And it seemed like it lasted forever, well over a week for sure. People were getting checked for the flu and it wasnt the flu, but they didnít know what to check for at the time until they tested for it on someone in China. Im not one of the conspiracy theorists but thereís something going on here thatís being hidden from the general public as there usually is when the media pushes on a topic so hard. It really doesnít make sense for there to be this much panic over something that could be handled with a bit of common sense, meaning you feel like youíre getting sick you stay you azz at home, go to a doctor and see whatís going on with you, then get you azz back home. The mass hysteria of this is making every day life impossible for people who canít just drop everything and run to the store in the middle of the day to stock up on supplies. Personally I donít rely on stores for everything to keep myself alive and comfortable but they sure do make it easier.

I believe it was definitely here in November/December as I myself got pretty sick, cold chills etc..... a lot of people I know did as well.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:35 PM
General
Member's Gallery

No more school for the kids here in VA till the next year starts. If it even starts then.