No oil coming from injector spout

jpow95

Reaction score
Icp 1500
Fuel pressure at 58psi
New cam sensor
Fuel pulse .60
If I hold up a gas rag to the intake it will fire off to start but will not run under its own power getting black smoke from exhaust anyone ever run into this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Don’t start new threads on the same problem. Makes it hard to figure out what’s wrong when we have to go back to other threads to find that info.

Bad pcm or idm.

jpow95

Reaction score
Changed idm with known working one still issues did get it started but will only drive about 1 Mile before shutting down and getting a no start again did install new 160cc injectors from black cloud and ran great for about a mile now getting p1272 -p1278 codes going to ohm the injectors then to the idm I did install new wire loom on the engines side and I didn’t see anything strange so gonna test and let y’all know

jpow95

Reaction score
I do apologize for double posting I didn’t see it post the first one

jpow95

Reaction score
Getting black smoke like little puffs smoke and sounds like it’s firing only on a few cylinders I drove it to 45miles no problems next day it drove 2 miles before stalling then added the new injectors and hydra chip for the injectors then drove 2 miles before stalling now I’m just getting black puffs of smoke but won’t fully start just crank icp above 1000 while cranking new cam sensor dorman valve cover gaskets

sootie

Reaction score
if the under valve cover harnesses are Dorman, I have heard that they are bad news.

jpow95

Reaction score
I did replace with ford oem and still same issue sounds better while trying to crank but still no start unless a gasrag is held up

jpow95

Reaction score
I also would like to mention I do not have a wait to start light but can communicate with pcm and also I swapped pcms with a new one still same problem and still no wait to start light

psduser1

Reaction score
If it's only firing on a few cylinders, than I'd say pull the injectors and check the orings, and possibly swap in a different set of injectors altogether, If you can.

jpow95

Reaction score
I had the original 250k in and it ran great then had it stall out then installed new injectors and still a crank no start possibly a air lock in the fuel system

jpow95

Reaction score
ee81962785716186624952f5b2402ed9.jpg
Swamps was 3 weeks out to build the injectors so we went this route icp is up at 2200

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ee81962785716186624952f5b2402ed9.jpg
Swamps was 3 weeks out to build the injectors so we went this route icp is up at 2200

Oooohhh, you got Nate's injectors from black cloud. Thats good. Just didnt know who black cloud was. Ipr dc is a bit high but it should still fire at that icp. If no wts light then it might have a bad reading from pcm. How are the batteries and alternator doing? What is cranking voltage?

live life full throttle

psduser1

Reaction score
Sounds like you have hpo, now, anyway.
As mentioned, verify fuel pressure.
If that is 50 psi or higher, than you are back to an electrical issue.
All the connectors are tight, I assume?

Last edited:

jpow95

Reaction score
Ending up finding a bad cam sensor wire in the harness