Front wheels won't spin after brake job.

greyford1979

Reaction score
So I changed some brakes today and now the front wheels don't spin. Done a million brake jobs and first time I ever had this issue. Replaced calipers as well. Rear spin freely, front ones don't. Caliper pins and piston move freely. Rotor spins freely on both sides until wheel is torqued, then you can't spin them at all. Take wheel back of and the rotor spins freely. Wrong rotor? Hub bore size slightly too large? Havn't measured anything or tried it with the old rotors yet, too tired and pissed and quit lol.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Take the wheel off, run a couple lug nuts down to hold the rotor tight against the hub and see what's hitting. Or is the caliper hitting the rim? Could be the wrong calipers or caliper mounting bracket or???? If you lube the slides up too much you can hydro lock the slides in the bores and it will do that.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Take the wheel off, run a couple lug nuts down to hold the rotor tight against the hub and see what's hitting. Or is the caliper hitting the rim? Could be the wrong calipers or caliper mounting bracket or???? If you lube the slides up too much you can hydro lock the slides in the bores and it will do that.

No not hitting the rim, and the caliper and mount brackets are the same. Tightened the lugs on without the wheel and it's really hard to tell where it's rubbing. Even put the old bracket on with new caliper and same deal.

sootie

Reaction score
It will be something to do with the caliper slide pins. Either too much grease causing a hydrolock or the hole is blocked with deteriorated rubber or the like.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Checked everything out again, new calipers are good. Checked the new rotors again, correct rotors. Tried the old rotors and they did the same thing. As I looked more closely to the new brackets, I noticed a gap where they mount to the knuckle, and must sit cockeyed.Tried the old bracket out with the new calipers and new rotors, wheel spins when torqued. Guess I'm calling the dealer in the morning for some new brackets. Looks like poor machining on the brackets that came with the calipers.

Last edited:

greyford1979

Reaction score
Put the new brackets on today, I got spinning wheels lol. Still have some air in the system after the caliper change, but I'll take care of that with the power bleeder. Just gotta pick up some more brake fluid.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Power bled the brakes today. With new calipers, EBC brakes, and the fluid flush, this thing seriously stops like a car.

Latest posts

Members online